8.6

2015 Chevrolet Equinox brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox:

2015 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Feb 272016

Equinox

False alarms have occurred 5 times from the forward crash alert system. The display flashes and sound several high-pitched beeps. Also one can feel slight braking and when using cruse control it disengages. Has occurred at 70 mpg on highway (twice) and at 35 on city street (3 times) while no vehicles were in range to show a green or red vehicle on dash.

- Okemos, MI, USA

Nov 072015

Equinox

Traveling with cruise control set to 40 mph on a 2 lane road the collision alert went off, beeping and the brakes were applied hard enough to feel the stutter of the anti lock system. This was the second time, the first time no cruise was being used. I had to apply the brake pedal to gain control again. Car is currently at Chevy dealer being checked. There was no threat or cars in front of me. I am now scared to drive with the safety features turned on.

- Chesaning, MI, USA

Oct 092015

Equinox

My wife was driving our 2015 Chevy Equinoxs down a 4 lane highway in town when all of a sudden the anti collision warning light came on and bells went off and the front brakes locked up for no reason we bought the car 2 months ago and it has 7,000 miles on it the car is currently at the Chevy dealers here in town bei8ng looked at.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Jun 082015

Equinox

Driving at approximately 35-40 mph with no vehicles in sight, no obstacles, on a clear day, the front collision alert turned on and the vehicle brakes were strongly applied. It was extremely rough and frightening for my daughter and I. there was no explanation for it. Since then, it has happened sporadically, at least 5 more times at any given speed and same conditions as above. I have since turned off the feature (fortunately an option). If someone had been driving behind me any of these times, there could have easily been a rear end collision. I've taken it in to be checked out to no avail. There are no codes, they can't duplicate it, so "there's no issue" according to the service department. I bought the vehicle with 3768 miles, so I don't know how many times it may have occurred before then and I am at 4984. These incidents have all occurred in a 1 month span.

- Pasadena, CA, USA