2015 Chevrolet Equinox electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox:

2015 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Although my Equinox is just a year old I'm having problems with the stabili-trak and power steering. The service light for both of these keeps coming on and both keep going out while I drive which is extremely dangerous. Also my electronic panel keeps going out. I know these must be a manufactory defect but I'm getting no where with them. Please help!

- Newburgh, IN, USA

Oct 022015

"takata recall. I was on my phone using the bluetooth. Then I received another call and took call. My other party hung up the line and once I was done with the call I hung up but on the display it showed as if I was still on my phone. Cut my car off still nothing happened. I went so far as resting my radio and phone features.... still nothing. So when I home the light and display stayed on and when woke up the next morning battery dead....mind you this is a 2015 not even 3 or 4 months since I bought it. Took the car in after I had to get a jump start. The dealership kept my car for a few days to tell me nothing is wrong. But as I did some research I see other Chevy Equinox owner's are having the same issues. What is going to be done??

- College Park, GA, USA

Feb 272016

False alarms have occurred 5 times from the forward crash alert system. The display flashes and sound several high-pitched beeps. Also one can feel slight braking and when using cruse control it disengages. Has occurred at 70 mpg on highway (twice) and at 35 on city street (3 times) while no vehicles were in range to show a green or red vehicle on dash.

- Okemos, MI, USA

Jan 192015

Engine lost power in the middle of driving 60 mph down to 20 mph, could not accelerate, fuses went off, according to the dealership, yesterday 01/25/2016 from a regular oil change maintaince another mechanic said axle is leaking as well as the pan leaking they need to replace seals. Week one battery died, twice same week, even wipers came off.

- Kent, WA, USA

Sep 302015

Vehicle was purchased new from dealership yesterday. It had 68 miles on odometer. Drove to another destination approximately 15 miles away, parked the vehicle, turned off the ignition, got out and returned 5 minutes later then started the vehicle and drove away then noticed the electronic speedometer was no longer working. This vehicle had less than 90 miles on it and need to return to the dealership for repair. Very upset and worried about this vehicle, is an indicator of the build quality- GM, please replace this vehicle.

- Northport, NY, USA

Jul 182015

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that while at an intersection, the vehicle stalled. The failure recurred several times. The contact stated that the failure was intermittent. The vehicle was taken to dealer where the failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 4,000.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Jun 282015

On two (2) separate occasions my vehicle has stopped dead in the roadway while driving. I lost all power steering, lights, radio etc. I was able to restart the vehicle both times. This could be deadly if I am on a busy road or freeway. I am terrified for my safety, but also for my two year old grandson, family, friends and anyone else who could be involved in an accident if this happens again. My vehicle was leased January 19, 2015. I am way under on my miles (2600) and has been well maintained by me with zero damage anywhere. My vehicle was in the dealership from June 29, 2015 the first time the engine stopped while driving. They kept the vehicle fro 3 days. At that time I was advised by the service department that mine was the third vehicle in the last week with the same complaint. I took it back to the dealership on July 6th after the second time it stopped dead in the roadway. I was called on August 12, 2015 that the vehicle was ready for pick up and that they were unable to duplicate the problem. The dealership has been unable to find the problem. The service dept. States they have driven the vehicle for a mere 58 miles over the last several weeks. The service manager suggests I buy out my lease and just sell it to someone else. Of course this is not an option for me.

- Riverview , MI, USA

Jun 082015

Driving at approximately 35-40 mph with no vehicles in sight, no obstacles, on a clear day, the front collision alert turned on and the vehicle brakes were strongly applied. It was extremely rough and frightening for my daughter and I. there was no explanation for it. Since then, it has happened sporadically, at least 5 more times at any given speed and same conditions as above. I have since turned off the feature (fortunately an option). If someone had been driving behind me any of these times, there could have easily been a rear end collision. I've taken it in to be checked out to no avail. There are no codes, they can't duplicate it, so "there's no issue" according to the service department. I bought the vehicle with 3768 miles, so I don't know how many times it may have occurred before then and I am at 4984. These incidents have all occurred in a 1 month span.

- Pasadena, CA, USA