8.8

2015 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox:

2015 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jun 282015

Equinox

On two (2) separate occasions my vehicle has stopped dead in the roadway while driving. I lost all power steering, lights, radio etc. I was able to restart the vehicle both times. This could be deadly if I am on a busy road or freeway. I am terrified for my safety, but also for my two year old grandson, family, friends and anyone else who could be involved in an accident if this happens again. My vehicle was leased January 19, 2015. I am way under on my miles (2600) and has been well maintained by me with zero damage anywhere. My vehicle was in the dealership from June 29, 2015 the first time the engine stopped while driving. They kept the vehicle fro 3 days. At that time I was advised by the service department that mine was the third vehicle in the last week with the same complaint. I took it back to the dealership on July 6th after the second time it stopped dead in the roadway. I was called on August 12, 2015 that the vehicle was ready for pick up and that they were unable to duplicate the problem. The dealership has been unable to find the problem. The service dept. States they have driven the vehicle for a mere 58 miles over the last several weeks. The service manager suggests I buy out my lease and just sell it to someone else. Of course this is not an option for me.

- Riverview , MI, USA