5.7

2015 Chevrolet Equinox steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox:

2015 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Equinox

Although my Equinox is just a year old I'm having problems with the stabili-trak and power steering. The service light for both of these keeps coming on and both keep going out while I drive which is extremely dangerous. Also my electronic panel keeps going out. I know these must be a manufactory defect but I'm getting no where with them. Please help!

- Newburgh, IN, USA

May 182016

Equinox

On May 18, 2016, I was going approx. 10 miles/hour on dry pavement, attempting to make a rh turn when the steering wheel locked up. I was unable to control the vehicle for approx. 5 seconds. Since I had begun the turn but was unable to finish the turn, the vehicle went into the oncoming traffic lane. If there had been a car in the oncoming lane, I would have hit it. After approx. 5 seconds, the steering wheel unlocked and I was able to complete the turn and get the vehicle back into the proper lane. Took vehicle into dealer; dealer informed me of a manufacturer safety bulletin for loss of power steering. Dealer re-programmed power steering, test drove and informed me that it had been repaired. When I picked up vehicle from dealer, I was backing out of parking space, lost complete power steering; unable to get vehicle back into parking spot. Currently vehicle is at dealer. This vehicle has approx. 8K miles. This is the 2nd major safety concern. The first occurred approx. 1 month ago. Vehicle was making loud knocking noise. Dealer informed me the fly wheel was damaged. GM told dealer to replace the torque converter. I feel unsafe driving this vehicle.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Jun 282015

Equinox

On two (2) separate occasions my vehicle has stopped dead in the roadway while driving. I lost all power steering, lights, radio etc. I was able to restart the vehicle both times. This could be deadly if I am on a busy road or freeway. I am terrified for my safety, but also for my two year old grandson, family, friends and anyone else who could be involved in an accident if this happens again. My vehicle was leased January 19, 2015. I am way under on my miles (2600) and has been well maintained by me with zero damage anywhere. My vehicle was in the dealership from June 29, 2015 the first time the engine stopped while driving. They kept the vehicle fro 3 days. At that time I was advised by the service department that mine was the third vehicle in the last week with the same complaint. I took it back to the dealership on July 6th after the second time it stopped dead in the roadway. I was called on August 12, 2015 that the vehicle was ready for pick up and that they were unable to duplicate the problem. The dealership has been unable to find the problem. The service dept. States they have driven the vehicle for a mere 58 miles over the last several weeks. The service manager suggests I buy out my lease and just sell it to someone else. Of course this is not an option for me.

- Riverview , MI, USA