2016 Chevrolet Equinox drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox:

2016 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Car started smelling horrible anytime it was running, would make me and my kids physically sick breathing the air coming inside the daughter had pneumonia 4 months ago, and my husband had a severe case of pneumonia 2 weeks ago. Not to mention all the respiratory related problems in the last year the entire family has been having. Chevy would not look at my car, I called multiplke times telling them my car is so foul smelling I cant drive it anymore and its not a dead anmial because we searched every compartment there is....and they said its a dead mouse or animal and that warranty doesnt cover that so its not there problem..after over a week of me calling and having my husband (a certified mechanic) calling them non stop, they agreed to look at it..its not an animal it is just alot of mold that is growing all over the cars heating and air conditioning condenser system! and all this time its just been flowing mold bacteria into my vents! its summer I use A/C everyday if I am driving.... we've just been breathing it in for who knows how long...I bought this car 9 months ago brand new and now after only 16,000 miles its a breeding ground for mold inside my HVAC unit" I wont be able to get rid of that smell, and what about my seats or clothing or damage that has already been done from this mold and bacteria" they said GM will give me a rental for 5 days.....but parts will take up to 4 to even come in before they will even start fixing the "issue". my daughter is 2 years old and had pnemonia 2 times already.

- Alturas, CA, USA