2016 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox:

2016 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Equinox

Car started smelling horrible anytime it was running, would make me and my kids physically sick breathing the air coming inside the vehicle.my daughter had pneumonia 4 months ago, and my husband had a severe case of pneumonia 2 weeks ago. Not to mention all the respiratory related problems in the last year the entire family has been having. Chevy would not look at my car, I called multiplke times telling them my car is so foul smelling I cant drive it anymore and its not a dead anmial because we searched every compartment there is....and they said its a dead mouse or animal and that warranty doesnt cover that so its not there problem..after over a week of me calling and having my husband (a certified mechanic) calling them non stop, they agreed to look at it..its not an animal it is just alot of mold that is growing all over the cars heating and air conditioning condenser system! and all this time its just been flowing mold bacteria into my vents! its summer I use A/C everyday if I am driving.... we've just been breathing it in for who knows how long...I bought this car 9 months ago brand new and now after only 16,000 miles its a breeding ground for mold inside my HVAC unit" I wont be able to get rid of that smell, and what about my seats or clothing or damage that has already been done from this mold and bacteria" they said GM will give me a rental for 5 days.....but parts will take up to 4 to even come in before they will even start fixing the "issue". my daughter is 2 years old and had pnemonia 2 times already.

- Alturas, CA, USA

Equinox

Please reference nhsta complaint number 10862571,10865740 see attached document that was sent to G.M. this vehicle made my family sick. I had to picket dealership where I bought car, because G.M head quarters closed the case and left me with this toxic vehicle. A lot has happened in my quest to have the car replaced. A GM dealership where I did not buy car from, bought me out of my lease and got me into a new vehicle. I physically picketed dealership I bought car from and others to get my point across. I still have contaminated clothing and the dealership is stuck with this vehicle now, and I still have health concerns about my family. I have called the epa, and other agencies and none of them can help. This vehicle should never get into another individuals possession. I have attached some pictures and files.

Equinox

This vehicle made my family sick. I had to picket dealership where I bought car, because G.M head quarters closed the case and left me with this toxic vehicle. A lot has happened in my quest to have the car replaced. A GM dealership where I did not buy car from bought me out of my lease and got me into a new vehicle. I physically picketed dealership I bought car from and other GM dealerships to get my point across. I still have contaminated clothing and the dealership is stuck with this vehicle now, and I still have health concerns about my family. I have called the epa, and other agencies and none of them can help. This vehicle should never get into another individuals possession. I have attached some pictures and files. This is my second complaint. Original nhsta complaint number is 10862571 exhaust fumes seeped into vehicle from exhaust leak and contaminated interior of vehicle making my wife and child sick.dealership replaced exhaust system but car was still contaminated. Please contact me at gmcargotmyfamilysick@gmail.com

Equinox

Exhaust fumes leaking into driver cabin, horrible toxic odor, family got sick from being inside of vehicle. Stationary, or in motion. Toxic odors and same health effects when not running. Oder on clothing, hair, skin. Immediate adverse health symptoms associated with being in vehicle are headache, chemical taste in mouth, sore throat. I noticed condition 1/22/2016 but it was present prior to this as I do not use vehicle often. My wife and youngest daughter had most exposure and it built up over time, for they were desensitized to the odor. After a few days of not using vehicle my wife did smell the toxic odor. An exhaust leak was the cause and verified by dealer. After repairs were made vehicle still has horrific odor and the same adverse health effects were experienced. Other people who were exposed to vehicle also experienced same health symptoms.