2007 Chevrolet HHR seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet HHR:

2007 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 292015

HHR

My husband was injured in an accident on 9-29-2015. What happened was my husband was stopped on the interstate and a truck slammed into my husband. He said his car turned off as soon as the first impact, airbags did not deploy. There was a second impact from the same truck, which was on my husbands passenger side. The car is completely totaled. My husband was lucky to walk away from this accident. The HHR was recalled for the ignition switch last year and we had the new part installed 2/2015 when the dealership received the parts. We have two issues electrical, why did his car turn off when it was hit from the rear" did the impact knock the ignition switch out of place? also why didn't the airbags deploy" now I know if the car is off the airbags are off but why did the car go from on to completely off unless it was a faulty new part that we received in our car.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 272007

HHR

There was an accident and the car flipped. The air bags did not deploy. My diaphragm was crushed. Mt back was broken. I am still unable to breathe correctly. I will try to locate records of the crash, but am sending this information now to have the accident recorded in the database.

- Mount Sterling, KY, USA

Jun 222014

HHR

In June of 2014 my cars ignition turned off as a result I almost impacted with another vehicle. Also after this my temp guage no longer worked. Took it to bill holt Chevrolet where they replaced my ignition switch after I got it back my drivers door will not lock or unlock consistently not even with the key, my service airbag and power steering lights keep coming on, and now radio and instrument panel lights go off. I have to stop turn the car off and restart they might come back on and they might not. I am reluctant to take the car back to bill holt Chevrolet as they kept the car for 3 and a half months to repair the ignition. Also I can get no satisfaction out of them when I picked up the car the last time my temp gauage still wasnt working they said it had nothing to do with the recall. I am reluctant to drive for any distance as the power steering fails often. I have contacted GM on several occasions and can get no satisfaction from them either. Are they not goverened by an Agency that makes sure these repairs are done and done correctly. Please email me who I need to contact to get these issues resolved. Carterbrenda53@yahoo.com

- Canton, GA, USA

May 062013

HHR

The contact owned a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. While driving at 45 mph, the engine stalled and caused the contact to crash into the rear end of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the back and both legs, which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact received two notifications for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V047000 (electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system). The contact believed both of these recalls were related to the failure that caused the crash. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Albuquerque , NM, USA

Mar 252015

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system), the ignition key failed to go into the off position and the check engine warning light illuminated. After the ignition key was moved to the off position, the ignition key failed to disengage from the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the following day, the vehicle failed to start as the service air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Wood River, IL, USA

Jun 052014

HHR 4-cyl

The front door handle broke on the passenger side of my car in 2013 we had taken the car to the dealership to inquire about this, since this is a safety issue not being able to get out of your car if something dangerous was to happen. At that time the dealership told my husband I that there was nothing they could do about it. Then again in 2014 the driver side door had broken also. So now I have two broken doors on my car that you can only get out of, if someone lets me out of the car or I roll the window down. I feel this is a major safety issue. If I were to get into a serious accident were I was unable to roll my window down and did not have someone riding in the back seat (say car caught on fire) then this could lead to major problems if not death. Also when my husband had an accident neither airbag deployed. And backseat passenger side seatbelt would not release and we had to cut my granddaughter out of seatbelt. So now I am driving a car that airbags did not deploy in, back seatbelt had to be cut and my front two doors you cannot get out of if unable to roll window down. Major safety issues. We had around 98,000. Miles when issues started with the doors. Which I believe the miles should have nothing to do with a safety issue.

- Haltom City, TX, USA

Oct 132013

HHR 4-cyl

While traveling on an interstate hwy, at approx, 65 to 70 mph I felt the car pull hard to the right, after going into a spin, it became hard to apply brakes and to try to correct or control the spin, there were vehicles including a semi all around my car. As I slid off the traveled portion of the hwy. My car impacted the wall head on. I was slammed into the dash. A moment later I calmed down and thought to myself why didn't the airbags deploy? I hit the wall at least at 35 mph, then I saw the car was not running, I saw the key had moved to off, I started the car and drove home.

- Tallmadge , OH, USA

Oct 012014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while attempting a right turn, the vehicle abnormally accelerated. The contact crashed into a retaining wall and another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt failed to restrain the contact securely. Additionally, the vehicle stalled and the doors could not be unlocked. The contact became trapped in the vehicle. A police report was filed of the incident. The contact sustained injuries to the knee, chest and arm. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,990. Kmj

- Deer Lodge, MT, USA

Sep 082014

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system); however, the parts needed for the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/22/14

- Greenfield, IN, USA

Apr 012014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system), but the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wartrace, TN, USA

Apr 162014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The dealer was unable to provide an expected date for the part to become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Satin, TX, USA

Mar 062014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the vehicle was not serviced under the recall because the remedy part was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Waynesboro, GA, USA

Mar 032014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that she received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V171000 (electrical system); however, the manufacturer had exceeded the reasonable amount time to perform the recall repair. The dealer advised the contact that the part was not available and placed her on a waiting list. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay. There were no failures.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 122012

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, a chime sounded and suddenly there was a complete loss of power steering. The vehicle was able to restart and function as normal. The failure occurred sporadically. In addition, the contact was involved in a crash on two separate occasions where the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable. The VIN was unavailable.

- Augusta , GA, USA

Jun 102014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the steering wheel failed to lock whenever the key was removed from the ignition switch. The contact mentioned that the vehicle had recently been repaired under recall NHTSA campaign id number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system). The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who indicated that the vehicle was working up to specifications and explained to the contact that what was perceived as the failure was actually a new safety feature. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 124,636.

- Elsberry, MO, USA

Apr 012013

HHR 4-cyl

2007 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle had an ignition problem since the time of purchase. The consumer stated one of the keys would not work and the other key would get stuck in the ignition. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on many occasions. However, the consumer was informed there was nothing wrong. The consumer stated her granddaughter were involved in an accident while driving the vehicle, and the air bags did not deploy.

- Upland, CA, USA

Apr 012014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system ). the dealer informed the contact that the part needed was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay. The contact did not experience any failure.

- Peoria, IL, USA

May 292014

HHR 4-cyl

Vehicle was exiting parkway when loss of braking and steering occurred causing vehicle to collide with guardrail nearly head on. Air bags did not deploy. Major damage to front of vehicle as well as rear of vehicle as it swung around and struck the guardrail a second time with the rear of the vehicle before coming to rest across the roadway.

- Hartford, KY, USA

May 012014

HHR

2007 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle recall information.

- Appleton, WI, USA

Mar 272014

HHR

Non of what you've listed above, apply.. I'm upset about how long this process has taken.. I understand that this has been held back since 2007 and GM was aware of their own wrong doing! but I called to set up an appointment locally and they tell me that the parts are still on order.. I cant afford a rental! now people including myself are operating on fear.. my airbag light blinks off and on from time to time. The key at times want turn in the ignition!! I like this car, but no longer., why doesn't GM offer loaner cars to us all until they fix the issue that they caused... scared of dyeing in raleigh, nc.

- Raleigh, NC, USA