2. replace ignition (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Impala:

2000 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Oct 102010

Ignition locked up and would not turn. I replaced switch and now the dash lights will not go off and it runs the battery down. There is only 3 wires to deal with changing this out so it can't be much going on or something else has happened during all of this. I have to do the work myself because I can't afford to hire someone. The car has now been out of commision since October of 2010 and my other one is not doing well. Any ideas on what I can do would be appreciated. I'm not affraid to work on it if I have a little coaching. I have been reading some of the complaints on the same model and it sounds like this is a common thing to happen with the ignition. There has to be a solution. I will never buy another Chevrolet if they can't back up there product.

- , Knoxville, TN, USA

Aug 072010

Impala LS V8 3.6L

my key doesn't wanna turn when i go to start my car up.

I've had ignition module replaced due to engine misfire.

somehow got a hole in the radiator. (some powder stuff we used has worked for that so far though.. )

my taillight keeps going out..

my turn signal keeps going out..

there was something we had to get fixed soon after we got it, but i forget what it was lol these cars just suck look at my other complaints to see more....

- , Canton, OH, USA

Oct 132007

Impala LX 3.2L V6

The key will not turn in my ignition (2000 Chevy Impala). What do I do? It just won't turn at all. I've tried jiggling the steering wheel but that doesn't help either.

- , Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 082006

key won't turn in the ignition & I can't get it out of park. I was stranded. haven't taken it in cuz i can't start it

- , Kernersville, NC, USA