2006 Chevrolet Impala
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Top complaints for the 2006 Chevy Impala include how the transmission slips, clunks and fails. Or how the power steering knocks and squeals. In other words, this car is a noisy bucket of eventual failure points.
Worst 2006 Impala Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems54NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems24NHTSA complaints: 71
- interior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 7
- steering problems12NHTSA complaints: 117
- AC / heater problems11NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 16
- cooling system problems10NHTSA complaints: 7
- lights problems9NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems9NHTSA complaints: 33
- windows / windshield problems9NHTSA complaints: 18
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 42
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 16
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 78
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 42
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 52
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 15
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Impala Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Impala compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Impala overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Impala.