CarComplaints.com Notes: Top complaints for the 2006 Chevy Impala include how the transmission slips, clunks and fails. Or how the power steering knocks and squeals. In other words, this car is a noisy bucket of eventual failure points.

6.0

$1,350.00

1. replace head gasket (3 reports)
2006 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Impala:

2006 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Feb 102011

Impala LTZ V6

I noticed at when stopped (not accelerating) my heat in the car would blow out cold air. But, until i would accelerate the heat would then turn on. My cars engine warms up and stays warm just my heat is cold. Not good for Michigan weather. I was told that i can get an extended warranty on my car for $500 so i think i might do that instead of paying the 1500 dollars.

- , Milford, MI, USA

Nov 192009

Impala LT 3.9L V6

Noticed one cold day that we were not getting any heat whenever we would stop at a light, but it would return when we would accelerate. When I got home I refilled the coolant and checked for visible leaks. A few weeks later it happened again. Dealership confirmed a blown head gasket. The repair took an entire day but was thankfully covered under the extended power train warranty.

- , Omaha, NE, USA

Feb 092010

Impala LT 3.5L V6

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Blown head gasket, bad water pump, bad oil pan gasket at 62,000 miles.

- , Johnston, IA, USA