2.2

hardy worth mentioning

2000 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Impala:

2000 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 242013

Impala 6-cyl

I will be driving down the street/highway and the car will just cut off and die. This has happened several times and I've contacted GM motors and they claim they haven't heard of this problem. I look online to see if I can figure the issue out and came across several other Impala owners that are experiencing the same issues. I've taken my car to the shop numerous times to have it fixed and the problem isn't being solved!! this is a very serious issue that could cause harm to me and my family and other drivers.

- Elizabethtown, KY, USA

Nov 222012

Impala

The contact owns a 2000 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that after starting the vehicle, there was a loud bang followed by a billow of smoke. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the manifold and the fuel lines would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact was informed of a recall months later under NHTSA campaign number: 09V116000 (engine and engine cooling) and contacted the manufacturer however, his VIN was not included in the recall campaign. The failure mileage was 180,000 and the current mileage was 200,000.

- Spring Hill, TN, USA

Nov 012012

Impala

I w also as driving into a shopping plaza and my steering wheel locked and my car steered across the entrance after a couple of minutes it started back up.I am so nervous because the steering wheel locked, also every now and then it just wont start up and then all of a sudden it will. The gas gauge doesn't work either so you cant judge the gas never received any recall notices I have a 2000 Chevy Impala.

- Ansonia, CT, USA

Aug 222012

Impala

I purchased my brother-in-law's car in March. In August, while I was parked outside a friend's home, the car caught fire. No one was in the car and the keys were with me. After online investigation, we found that the car had a recall on it in 2009. My brother-in-law was never notified so neither were we. Our first step was to contact GM who said there was nothing they planned on doing about this. We contacted the BBB who also contacted GM. GM then called us and again said there was nothing they could do. I feel there is plenty they can do. What about if my daughter and I had been in the car" how about if I had needed time off from work" I had to purchase another vehicle I was not prepared to purchase. We have the recall information, pictures from the fire, and a letter from GM if you are interested. I feel there must be some sort of compensation for this. The recall was because of their mess up in the factory and they failed to notify my brother-in-law. If GM had done what they were supposed to do, the fire would never have happened.

- Auburn, ME, USA

Sep 012012

Impala 6-cyl

The Chevy Impala had a loss of coolant even though there is no leak on the ground. After research online, I found the following: "the 3.8-liter V6 may leak coolant into the engine from the intake manifold. A new gasket kit, revised throttle body nuts, and sealing compound is needed." Due to the number of complaints found online pertaining to this issue, this should be a recall for this model car.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 102010

Impala

The contact owns a 2000 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where unknown repairs were performed however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was also repaired by an independent mechanic but again, the failure recurred. The contact continued to have repairs performed to the vehicle over a period of two years but to no avail. The vehicle was not further repaired and continued to stall sporadically and without warning. The failure mileage was unavailable. The current mileage was 100,000. The VIN was available.

- Davie, FL, USA