2. replace actuator (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Impala:

2001 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Feb 012012

Impala LS

My 2001 Impala's rear passenger door lock quit working and when I told the dealership about it they commented that it is a common problem but not covered by any type of warranty. Suggested I go to a junk yard and get parts and find someone reasonable to fix it. They wanted $450.00 to replace it plus labor. I found the part I needed for $75.00 and a mechanic to put it in for $80.00 It would be nice if GM would stand behind its products or at least the dealership themselves.

I had also told the dealership that my young grand daughter sat on that side and if I were ever in an accident where I could get her out I would be devastated, he said "well I guess $450.00 don't sound so bad then", what kind of service is that?

- , Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Jan 142007

Impala ES 3.4L

Power Locks not working, checked fuses and relay (both ok)

- , St. John's, NL, Canada