2001 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Impala:

2001 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Oct 202014

The contact owns a 2001 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the traction control and brake warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Jan 252014

I was driving down the road on day and lost total control of my vehicle and hit a guide rail. I bounced off the guide rail and the car started spinning and another guy had hit me and I went head on into the guide rail. My airbags didn't deploy and I had minor injury (pain in neck and back, my glasses broke and ihit my head off the steering wheel) I'm pretty sure my care is totaled because the frame is bent and broke.

- Clymer, PA, USA

Nov 012010

I have contacted GM about my Impala. My ABS lights on my dash keep going off and my service traction system keeps showing up in my message box. When I am pulling out from anywhere that involves me turning my wheel is when all of the lights go off. You hear a noise that sounds like my brakes grinding. Once the lights go off, my brakes are hard to slow down my car. There have been a few incidents when my kids were in the car and I thought we weren't stopping. I have researched this and even GM told me it was a known issue. People have spent thousands of dollars trying to fix theirs and still haven't found an answer. I don't understand why Chevy won't fix it or make it a recall. This will be the last GM product I buy since they don't stand behind their products. If you look on the web page there are plenty of people who have filed about the same complaint. It is dangerous. I talked to the mechanic at my local Chevy dealer and he said he has had multiple Impala's in the shop with the same problem and after replacing many parts, they still couldn't find the answer. Does someone need to get killed for Chevy to wake up?

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jan 052010

Trac control ABS problems front wheels grab pull without warning.

- Roanoke Rapids, NC, USA