2. replace fuel pressure regulator (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Impala:

2001 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Feb 012011

Impala 3.8L V6

I began having starter problems with my 2001 Chevy Impala before the car was 3 years old. No Chevy mechanic knows what the problem is, so no one has ever been able to fix it. Changing the battery did nothing to help. Now, when I can get the engine running, no matter where I go, I cannot turn the car off because it will not restart. Just lovely when you have to shop for groceries, etc., etc., etc. I have been through 7 long years of misery with this vehicle (even after paying an extra 3 years to extend the warranty so I could make sure I always had a drivable vehicle). SHAME ON GMAC, SHAME ON DANTIN CHEVROLET IN THIBODAUX, LA., SHAME ON TRAPP CHEVROLET IN HOUMA, LOUISIANA!!!!!!!!!!! I paid over $22,000 for this lemon.

- , Gray, LA, USA

Apr 032007

Impala 3.6L

2001 Chevy Impala 3.8L V6 Automatic Transmission 104,000 miles.

Car will not stay running on the first try to start. It dies while idling a red lights or in stop and go traffic. Replaced the Idle control valve and the computer module. The problem still remains. All test the techs run says everything is ok. I think they should drive the car for a few days and see how frustrating it is to be in 8am traffic and have it die on them. There is a problem the technicians can not find.

- , Bulverde, TX, USA

Jan 062007

Impala LE 3.8L V6

When the vehicle turned over, the engine idle was extremely low and stalled. When the car was going at low speed and in gear, the car was jerking. I could smell the exhaust coming in. We didn't know whats going on. It ran fine above idle. We assumed it was something in the fuel system. Possibly the intake manifold gasket. We later found out it was the Fuel Pressure Regulator. So if your Impala starts to do this, bring it in as soon as possible. It can be serious if it doesn't get repaired

- , Blaine, MN, USA