2001 Chevrolet Impala fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Impala:

2001 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 222015

As any serious car owner, I tried to address the cheaper items such as battery replacement and spark plugs, all have been replaced twice. Slowly all the electrical applications in my car began to stop working from the blinkers, radio, hazards, cruise control, car windows, and finally the car stopped starting. I was too broke to address it then, so every early morning my car would require a nice jump start to begin the day. This Impala would not start so often that I purchased a portable battery to jump it everywhere, even as simple as the gas station. At first I thought the parasitic drain (drain on the car battery) was coming from the dash cluster/instrument panel which was in line with the complaints I have discovered on google that the BCM was causing non-starter issues for other Impala. However, once the instrument panel was replaced my radio was still not working and eventually the car became a non-starter again; therefore, I suspected the root of the issue still hand not been discovered. I explained this to Mr. Mcghee, the owner of mcghees auto shop, he did a thorough job of combing all the intricate wires to determine finally an intermittent draw occurring from the amplifier in the trunk of the car. The solution to the problem, fixing the amplifier, cost a grand total of 220$ to have the actual part fixed; I did not want to risk placing a non-stock amplifier, my specific amplifier is no longer available, in the car. However, I like other consumers continually paid to replace parts that failed as it was not obvious there was an underlying malfunctioning in a particular application that made the essential product useless.

- Brandywine, MD, USA

Aug 152011

The contact owns a 2001 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who replaced the sensor and the fuel filter, but the failure recurred. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 186,000.

- Elfmere, DE, USA

May 152014

We bought this car with approximately 98,000 miles - gas gauge hasn't worked from beginning. Back in may had wheel bearings changed and ever since ABS comes on constantly while applying brake and slowing down. ABS light comes on at times. ABS will kick in about 3 times after applying brakes. Nephew scanned it to see codes and they were: C1221 lf wheel speed sensor input signal is 0 C1222 rf wheel speed sensor input signal is 0. is there a recall for this issue"?"

- Byron Center, MI, USA

Mar 082014

The cooling overheat light went on and the car turned off on me and my child on the exit of the 170 fwy, it now makes a screeching sound like metal, the radiator leaks and something smells burned, the mechanic I went to that was close by said I have to now replace the engine and other expensive items that seem to fall under the 2001 Impala recalls, my fuel pump has an issue as well and the electrical problem even worse it turns of and on as it pleases.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 282013

Impala 6-cyl

I have a 2001 Chevy Impala and the gas gauge has a problem I would fill it up and the gauge would go right to E and the car would say check engine oil I just got a oilchange and low engine coolant.

- Paterson, NJ, USA

Jun 182012

Impala 6-cyl

Fathers day I was driving my Impala about 9 miles to my house everything was fine the engine wasn't hot no warning that somthing was wrong. I have always maintained my vechicle kept up with work on it anyways I drove it home parked it went inside and not even 5 min later there was smoke and a fire had started underneath my hood. Looked like it was somthing electrical and all I have on the vechicle for insurance is liability.

- Hazelton , IA, USA