2. hit the hazards and the blinkers will work again (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Impala lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Impala:

2001 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 212008

Impala 3.8L

sometimes when i put the blinkers on they wont sound or flicker on the dash board or anything and i'm like WHAT THE F*CK!!

finally figured out that if your blinkers aren't working press the hazard button and then try ur blinkers again and they should work. :-)

- , Bellflower, CA, USA

Dec 152007

The blinkers are really bad. They work when they want to. If they don't work, it doesn't matter how much you push the lever up and down nothing happens except if you tap the brake, the side that you want to blink basically looks like the light is out. I've tried to have it looked and and im must've worked when the mechanic looked at it cause they said nothing was wrong. I just try to avoid cops when turning, which is not a good thing for any problem.

- , Fargo, ND, USA

Mar 022010

Impala LS 3.8L

I took my car to the dealer and he says without the problem happening right then, he can't possibly figure out what it is! Well, he should just google the words "my turn signals don't work on my 2001 Impala!" I came up with tons of complaints on Yahoo! What a gyp by the dealer. They wanted $300 to fix this and I said no, I'd take it to an independent service rather than pay that. It is a definite problem that they are well aware of and don't want to take responsibility for! I am furious. I'm definitely going to write the manager a scathing letter. What drivel he handed me about how I would possibly have to leave my car overnight to 'give them time to research the problem'! What dishonesty. I'm really mad now I've learned all these other people have my same problem and GM is well aware of it! This should have been a recall.

- , Ramona, CA, USA

Feb 012009

Impala LS 3.8L

So the front right turn signal does not blink. The right rear turn signal blinks rapidly. The right turn bulb is on but does not blink. All other blinkers, headlights, break lights, reverse lights, parking lights work properly.

Any ideas?

- , Huntington Park, CA, USA

May 052007

Impala SD V6

I have been stuck in fast moving traffic and taking lanes like an asshole cuz I THOUGHT my signals were working... and they weren't!!!

- , St Paul, MN, USA

Feb 262007

Impala V6

This have been a very dangerous problem. This problem has cause some very close calls. I have almost been rear ended several times. I have found that if I press the emergency flashers the lights usually starts back working.

- , Montgomery, AL, USA