6.7

1. faulty ignition; bottom portion with electrical had to be fixed (3 reports)
  3. replace electrical resistor (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Nov 012013

Impala 3.4L

Blower motor won't run until after driving a while, then starts, runs for a while,then quits.

Even without engine running but ignition turned on it will start running after a while, run a few minutes then quit again.

Very dangerous to drive when the windshield is fogging up.

- , Windsor, Ontario, canada

Apr 012010

Impala LX

Same problem as others.. cruise control light would flicker and the blower fan would not work. It would eventually come on, sometimes in seconds, other times in a half an hour. I finally got it diagnosed and they're saying it's the ignition, which is going to be $880 to fix. This sounds like total BS to me.

- , Dc, DC, USA

Dec 162010

Impala LS 3.8L V6

I've got 2 kids and the heater wont work, thats a damn shame! But your site helped me diagnose the problem. I fixed it myself for about 90 bucks. Thanks, I really like the site.

- , Maysville, KY, USA

May 012009

Impala 3.4L V6

I had problems with my AC/Heater intermittently working; sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. I also had my cruise control light coming on when i was adjusting the blower speed for the AC/Heater.

I took to a Chevrolet dealership and they told me i needed to replace the PCM, my compressor, and control panel to the AC/Heater. About $2100 worth of work for a car with a $900 trade in value.

Just this week i gave it another shot and took it in to a smaller privately owned shop. they diagnosed a bad ignition that was sending power intermittently to the cruise control and the AC/Heater blower. they switched it out for 300 bucks and my car is like new. cruise control works again as does the AC/Heater.

- , O'Fallon, MO, USA

Mar 022007

Impala

I had the car about 2 months and the heater stopped working except on fan level 5, and even then it worked poorly. I had to take it in to the dealership where I still had a 90 day warranty. I was told that an electrical resistor of some kind was broken and needed to be replaced. The car was in the shop for several days, but I was given a free replacement in the meantime. The repair would've cost me over $500 if it wasn't for the warranty.

- , Marquette, MI, USA

Nov 212007

Impala LS 3.8L

I hear the fix is a new blower motor resistor pack, but I haven't confirmed it.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA