6.2

2. replace blower motor (2 reports)
  3. fan is stuck in cooler weather.fix bad wire connection (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Nov 102010

Impala SE V6

I go over a bump my heater resumes. I shut my door it turns off, just stopping at the post office a brief minute.Get back in my car and no heat. Pull the radio out and the heat came back on. put the radio back in & the heat shut off. It's starting to get cold out here. I need HELP. .. (please) :) Holly Mc. Frederick, MD

- , Woodsboro, MD, USA

Mar 062006

Impala 3.4L V6

Bought my 2002 Chevy Impala new. At just over 36,000 miles had transmission replaced.. then, my AC/HT switch quit working on level 1. AC still works on levels 2-5, so I haven't had it replaced. $387.65 because they have to buy a whole new blower motor/switch.

- , Pflugerville, TX, USA

Oct 142009

Impala 3.4L V6

yea so my a/c stopped working along with the heater.

i knew it was either the fan or the resistor.

first replaced the resistor.

do not do this- if your heat or a/c is not blowing AT ALL. it is the blower motor.

if it works on some settings. not including the gentle breeze from the off position. -replace your blower motor resistor. those are about 50-60 bucks and the motor was 35 on EBAY. runs normally around 60-70 retail.

but god damnit i love my car.

- , Akron, NY, USA

Jan 152009

Impala LS 3.2L V6

HI! MY CAR JUST DECIDED NOT TO GIVE OUT ANY HEAT OR AIR ONE DAY. I DROVE IT TO TOWN WITH HEAT AND I SHUT IT OFF TO GO INTO A STORE, CAME BACK OUT AND STARTED IT AND I HAD NOTHING.. AND OF ALL TIMES TO DO THIS WE HAD FREEZING TEMPS. IM TALKING BELOW ZERO AT TIMES. SO I SHUT IT OFF AND TURNED IT ON AGAIN AND STILL HAD NO HEAT , VENT, AC, DEFROSTER. SO I SCRAPED OFF AND WIPED THE WINDSHIELD THE BEST I COULD TO GET HOME.I WAS ALMOST HOME AND THE HEAT CAME BACK ON. SO I THOUGHT OK MAYBE IT WAS JUST TO COLD OUT FOR IT.. THEN I GOT IN AGAIN TODAY AFTER LETTING IT WARM UP FOR 20 MIN. (I HAVE AN AUTOMATIC CAR STARTER) WENT DOWN TO GET IN AND NO HEAT AGAIN. I DROVE IT TO TOWN TO GET MY SON AND IT FINALLY CAME BACK ON ANOTHER 15MIN LATER.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM??

- , Garrett, PA, USA

May 302008

Impala V6

In 2008 my car has been in the service center more then it has been out. I have to get a rental car each time I bring my car in, so not only do I have to pay to get my car fixed over and over again, but I also have to pay to rent a car over and over again.

- , Germantown, MD, USA

Sep 012008

Impala LS 3.8L V6

I turn the knob to change where air will be blowing and it doesn't respond,, also it will not change from fresh and recirculate

- , Hamilton, OH, USA

Nov 112007

Impala LT 3.4V6

Very annoying fan only works on 4 and 5 and A/C does not work.

- , Winona, MN, USA

Oct 312007

Impala SS

The a/c or Heat only works on level 5. It was once working and one day it just decided Not to work anymore. This is a pain on days that the temperature is only moderate.

- , Staten Island, NY, USA