6.7

2. replace blower motor (2 reports)
  3. fan is stuck in cooler weather.fix bad wire connection (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

May 012014

Impala ES 3.2L

My 2002 Impala has so much going on now, it has electrical problems. The check engine light stays on at all times. The low tire pressure light comes on all the time. The turn signals doesn't work The low coolant pops on from time to time. Both headlight, they fog up with water which caused the bulbs to blow. The gas gauge does not work anymore. I got a new ignition switch too months ago.The traction control light pops on all the time. I can't raise my passenger side window up from the driver's side, and just 4days ago my heat and ac stopped working. PS. It looks like me and James. G of Thomasville is having the same problems.

- , Detroit, MI, Michigan, USA

Nov 102010

Impala SE V6

I go over a bump my heater resumes. I shut my door it turns off, just stopping at the post office a brief minute.Get back in my car and no heat. Pull the radio out and the heat came back on. put the radio back in & the heat shut off. It's starting to get cold out here. I need HELP. .. (please) :) Holly Mc. Frederick, MD

- , Woodsboro, MD, USA

Mar 062006

Impala 3.4L V6

Bought my 2002 Chevy Impala new. At just over 36,000 miles had transmission replaced.. then, my AC/HT switch quit working on level 1. AC still works on levels 2-5, so I haven't had it replaced. $387.65 because they have to buy a whole new blower motor/switch.

- , Pflugerville, TX, USA

Oct 142009

Impala 3.4L V6

yea so my a/c stopped working along with the heater.

i knew it was either the fan or the resistor.

first replaced the resistor.

do not do this- if your heat or a/c is not blowing AT ALL. it is the blower motor.

if it works on some settings. not including the gentle breeze from the off position. -replace your blower motor resistor. those are about 50-60 bucks and the motor was 35 on EBAY. runs normally around 60-70 retail.

but god damnit i love my car.

- , Akron, NY, USA

Jan 152009

Impala LS 3.2L V6

HI! MY CAR JUST DECIDED NOT TO GIVE OUT ANY HEAT OR AIR ONE DAY. I DROVE IT TO TOWN WITH HEAT AND I SHUT IT OFF TO GO INTO A STORE, CAME BACK OUT AND STARTED IT AND I HAD NOTHING.. AND OF ALL TIMES TO DO THIS WE HAD FREEZING TEMPS. IM TALKING BELOW ZERO AT TIMES. SO I SHUT IT OFF AND TURNED IT ON AGAIN AND STILL HAD NO HEAT , VENT, AC, DEFROSTER. SO I SCRAPED OFF AND WIPED THE WINDSHIELD THE BEST I COULD TO GET HOME.I WAS ALMOST HOME AND THE HEAT CAME BACK ON. SO I THOUGHT OK MAYBE IT WAS JUST TO COLD OUT FOR IT.. THEN I GOT IN AGAIN TODAY AFTER LETTING IT WARM UP FOR 20 MIN. (I HAVE AN AUTOMATIC CAR STARTER) WENT DOWN TO GET IN AND NO HEAT AGAIN. I DROVE IT TO TOWN TO GET MY SON AND IT FINALLY CAME BACK ON ANOTHER 15MIN LATER.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM??

- , Garrett, PA, USA

May 302008

Impala V6

In 2008 my car has been in the service center more then it has been out. I have to get a rental car each time I bring my car in, so not only do I have to pay to get my car fixed over and over again, but I also have to pay to rent a car over and over again.

- , Germantown, MD, USA

Sep 012008

Impala LS 3.8L V6

I turn the knob to change where air will be blowing and it doesn't respond,, also it will not change from fresh and recirculate

- , Hamilton, OH, USA

Nov 112007

Impala LT 3.4V6

Very annoying fan only works on 4 and 5 and A/C does not work.

- , Winona, MN, USA

Oct 312007

Impala SS

The a/c or Heat only works on level 5. It was once working and one day it just decided Not to work anymore. This is a pain on days that the temperature is only moderate.

- , Staten Island, NY, USA