1. ignition switch needed to be replaced; the eletrical portion (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

May 012009

Impala 3.4L V6

I had problems with my AC/Heater intermittently working; sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. I also had my cruise control light coming on when i was adjusting the blower speed for the AC/Heater.

I took to a Chevrolet dealership and they told me i needed to replace the PCM, my compressor, and control panel to the AC/Heater. About $2100 worth of work for a car with a $900 trade in value.

Just this week i gave it another shot and took it in to a smaller privately owned shop. they diagnosed a bad ignition that was sending power intermittently to the cruise control and the AC/Heater blower. they switched it out for 300 bucks and my car is like new. cruise control works again as does the AC/Heater.

- , O'Fallon, MO, USA