2002 Chevrolet Impala body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Sep 242015

Got into the car from work drove less than two miles went in the house for about 20 minutes got back in the car drove about a mile and a half to get food got back in car returned to prior location delivery food to my mom went inside house bout 5 minutes later a passerby bang on the door to notify us that the car was on fire use a fire extinguisher couldn't put it out proceeded to call the fire department

- Springfield , TN, USA

Jun 252015

I was standing outside of the vehicle, watching the gauges on the instament cluster going up and down, like they were loosing power, then both air bags exploded!,shattered the windshield and dashboard! I just cant believe that happened if I or my loved ones had been going down the road!!! well I dont want to think about that but, the piont is the system failled. And if I had hit a wall or something and been killed it would have looked like the air bags worked properly. This car was in my drive ideling, in park no one even touching it!

- Fairview Heights, IL, USA

Feb 122014

I had just dropped my 8 year old son off at school, and I was headed to work. The car cut off while I was sliding on very thin ice. I could not steer away from the back of a pick up truck. The driver drove off before I could even exit the car. The air bag did not deploy and I had to have the car towed to my house. I have not been able to get it started since. I have had several mechanics look at it but none could fix the problem. I am a single parent who lives paycheck to paycheck. I just bought the car in October. I do not have the money to keep pouring into this car. I know there is manufacturing problem but I do not have the money to have it towed to a dealer, much less the money to have it fixed. All I want to have my car back on the road running.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 012001

There is a knocking noise coming from the roof top of the vehicle when the vehicle has set in parking when the temperatures are high and/or hot. Dealership is aware of problem.

- Haines, FL, USA