2002 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 192010

Impala 3.4L V6

Hey Charlie M. does your car stall only when it's hot out or all the time because mine only stalls when it's hot and humid and I have been driving for about 15 - 20 minutes and I called the dealer and they said that they have been having trouble with that same thing and they recommended the Ignition Control Module or (ICM) which is located under the coil packs you should be able to see 2 wire connectors from the drivers side the coil packs are located near the back of the engine on the top well on my 3.4L V6 but the 3.8L V6 I'm not sure but I don't think isn't much different. P.S. I may be trying the Ignition Control Module as soon as I do I will let you know how it turned out.

- , Madison, ME, USA

Apr 242007

Impala LX V6

My car starts fine most of the time, but once the car has been running for a while, sometimes it stalls before starting. Very embarrasing when people are around. Does anyone know what this is?

- , N. Highlands, CA, USA

Jun 132006

Impala LS

the car will start, but only after it stalls once or twice. Anyone have a solution?

- , Springville, NY, USA