2. replace fuel pump (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jul 012014

First off I wanted to see if you had a recall for the fuel tanks and the engine problems that take place with the 2002 Chevy Impala? I have a difficult time with starting my car sometimes and my security light comes on every now and then and then also I can't tell how much gas I have in my tank. I have been calling around to different mechanic shops and every one of them told me that this is common with the Impalas.

So if its so common why haven't we gotten a recall on them to get it fixed before something goes deadly wrong. I have kids that ride with me all day everyday and I wouldn't want anything to happen while they're in the car with me. If you could give me a little more information on this problem that would be great.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Jul 132005

Impala 3400 V6

right after the warranty went out the fuel did too . I bought a fuel pump from O'Reilly and replaced it and it still wouldn't work. I brought it to a repair shop and they found that the new fuel pump was also bad so they replaced it and fixed that problem.

All in all I had to replace fuel pump, harmonic balance pulley, two belts, three sets of tires, struts, brakes twice, alternator, battery twice, radiator, hoses, two water pumps, lots of coolant, both cooling fans, master window switch, coolant switch, need to replace intake gaskets, windshield, added oil for years, reverse light bulbs

if this not a lemon then I guess there is no such thing

My step father bought an '03 and we have had the same problems within months of each other

- , Port Neches, TX, USA