8.0

2003 Chevrolet Impala body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Impala:

2003 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Sep 012009

Impala 3.8L V6

Just found this site today and saw that the paint problem is common. The clear coat on my hood gets worse by the month. Currently there is a patch about 10" round and several smaller ones. I haven't noticed bad spots on the rest of the car. If this car wasn't so reliable I would really be mad. I currently have 219,000 miles on it and it is still going strong.

- , DesMoines, IA, USA

Jun 062010

Impala V6

I had my car about 7 year, I seen the hood of my car had some rust stain on it. I really didn't pay it no mind, so day it rain really hard. I seen the shine off my hood was gone. I took my car to a chevy dealer ship, find out they gloss steal my whole car but the hood. Now I'm driving around with an ashy hood while the rear of my car got a nice black shine to it.

- , Jackson, AL, USA

Feb 212013

Impala V6

Just a horrible paint job. I find a new chip about every other week!

- , Willow Hill, IL, USA

May 182011

Impala LS 3.8L

My 1998 olds intrigue paint was much better than the chipping peeling paint on my 03 impala. I am disgusted that the paint didn't hold up as well on my chevy.

- , Ottumwa, IA, USA

Mar 012007

Impala 3.4L V6

Let me start off by saying that first the clear coat wore off on the hood and the trunk of my vehicle, then the paint started chipping off revealing the ugly primer gray color. My car is a 2003 the paint shouldn't have wore off in four years.

- , Wetumpka, AL, USA

Dec 172008

Impala LS 3.2L V6

The damage appears to almost like etching. It has curved and narrow paint chips (?) on hood, roof and trunk. Has anyone brought this type of damage to the attention of Chevy. I'll try to add a picture later.

- , Rowlett, TX, USA