6.4

1. replaced horn (2 reports)
  2. dealer installed shield (1 reports)
  3. install new horn upside down (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

May 022010

Impala V6

The horn assmbly got wet when I went through a puddle. (It rains A LOT in New Orleans!). The water stayed in the horn and made it stop working. New horn was installed with horn dish facing down instead of up so the water wouldn't sit in it and stop working again. Cost between $200 and $300 to get fixed. Have been a loyal Chevrolet customer for many years but if I ever even think of buying another one - please lock me up!

- , La Place, LA, USA

Feb 132007

Impala LS 3.8

I found a Chevy bulletin online... Dealer installed a shield on front of horns... I've driven about 8,000 miles since and no problems so far.... belmarcuda

- , Belmar, NJ, USA

Dec 262006

Impala LS 3.4L V6

This happened to me twice. The first time at 35000 miles. It was luckily still under warranty and Chevy replaced it for free. However, when it happened at 58,000 miles again, I was so fed up I did it myself with a replacement horn I found online. It was easy to fix, and my new horn is louder and better. If you end up replacing it yourself don't get the OEM one. They have some major design flaws with water getting stuck in the bottom of the horn.

- , Oxford, MA, USA

Nov 082006

Impala Sedan 3.4

I was told that there was water in the horn like it was my fault. I am glad to see someone else out there has had this problem.

- , Machesney Park, IL, USA

Sep 152006

Impala LS 3.8

had car back to dealer 3 times they fixed it.... but now its out of warrenty.... i just want it fixed right .. every 10k miles same thing

- , Belmar, NJ, USA