2004 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 072006

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the steering wheel shutters and shakes when the brakes are applied. The vehicle has not been diagnosed. The purchase date was unavailable. The current mileage is 38,000 and failure mileage was 31,000.

- St Louis, MI, USA

Sep 142006

Impala 6-cyl

: the contact stated when the brake was applied, the pedal pulsated and the vehicle shook. The front rotors were replaced twice and the front and rear brakes and rear rotors were replaced once. The shaking stopped for one week, but then the shaking persisted. There was a NHTSA recall, # 04V287000, regarding the service brakes, hydraulic. The vehicle was not included in the recall due to the VIN.

- Lost Creek, KY, USA

Aug 072006

Impala 6-cyl

: the contact stated while depressing the brake pedal there was a popping noise at any speed. There was an NHTSA recall, # 04V287000, regarding the service brakes, hydraulic. The vehicle was not included in the recall due to the VIN.

- Evergreen Park, IL, USA

Jun 212006

Impala 6-cyl

When turning left or right there is a clicking sound coming from the turn in the steering. During the turn it feels as though there is a break in the steering line. It seems as if it were a chain I would say its missing about 4 links. I took it in for this problem about 6 months ago and it was resolved for a while. I was told the steering column needed tightening. Here it is doing the same thing for the last 2 months. Now I notice the braking is not stopping in the manner it should. I have nearly rearended a few people in the last 2 months or continued just past the stop line at an intersection.

- Irving, TX, USA

Dec 122004

Impala 6-cyl

The contact's vehicle was involved in a low speed accident. Upon impact the air bags did not deploy. There was pre-braking prior to the accident and the front of the vehicle sustained damage. The contact was not wearing his seat belt and struck the dashboard, resulting in a head injury. The vehicle was towed to a body shop and is currently awaiting repairs. Updated 1/19/2006 -

- Blue Island, IL, USA

Jun 102005

Impala 6-cyl

My family and I were traveling down a highway in Florida and were traveling about 50 mph and a line of vehicles in front of us stopped, not real fast, but they stopped and we were about 80 yards in back of them and when I applied my brake petal the car just didn't want to stop. It was skidding all along, squealing tires, until I lost control of it and started to fishtail. About 1 foot more or so, we would have been in a major accident! I didn't slam them on or anything. It was kind of a sudden stop, but not really too sudden. All of the vehicles around us stopped prefectly normal. I've driven many vehicles and have never experienced this! my car is still under warrenty, however I have never taken it in. I think I should though. But still, general morors and Chevrolet should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a dangerous vehicle like this! another small complaint I have, which is not necessarly a safety concern, is the fact that the steering is rather poor on this vehicle. When you go around turns, you have a make an effort to turn the steering wheel and get the car going straight again. I am a firm believer that new cars should be better than old one's, however my experiences have obviously proven that they're not. Thank you for reading my complaint. I hope you can get this information out to the public and maybe then GM can make changes.

- Richeyville, PA, USA

Apr 012005

Impala 6-cyl

Complaint regarding the response to the manufacturer's recall by the dealership. Recall campaign #04V287000. The vehicle had been driven 3,738 miles without the consumer being notified by GM or the dealership.

- Columbia, TN, USA

Mar 012005

Impala 6-cyl

' recall campaign' issued on 2004 Chevrolet Impala for front brake caliper bolt. The consumer stated GM still has not sent him an official recall letter even after the work was performed.

- Columbia, TN, USA