7.7

lights problem

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Dec 222009

Impala

Dealer I bought the car from says the part (multifunction switch) is $760 to replace. That seems like a rather crazy price for a switch! Why does it break so easily? Why is it tied to everything else (probably reason for crazy price)!?

- , Rochester, MN, USA

Jun 102009

Impala 3.4L V6

MY HIGH BEAM LIGHT ON DASH CAME ON AS HIGHBEAM OUT-I REPLACED THE BULBS AND NOTHING HAPPENED WITHIN A WEEK MY LOW BEAMS DIED REPLACED THOSE WITH BRAND NEW ONES NOW THEY DONT COME ON AT ALL.THE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS COME ON BUT AT NIGHT JUST MY HIGH BEAMS WORK-ITS COST 400.00 TO GET A NEW DIMMER SWITCH THAT'S MY CAR NOTE.

- , Phila, PA, USA

Jan 022008

Impala 3100

It could take all day to report how many times this has malfunctioned.

Dec 152007

Impala 3100

Why wouldn't GM consider this a safety issue? If your lights go off on a dark road wouldn't it be an accident waiting to happen, don't we consider that a safety issue. I guess that is what it will take for them to do something. This happens all the time, to many times to add a report for each time.

Jan 132009

Impala 3100

the dealer said he has replaced many of these in Impalas. Why won't GM do something about this. Do a recall. It is a matter of safety on the road.

Nov 222008

Impala ES

So another problem with my 2004 Impala to go along with my no speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauge...I'm driving along on a very dark, winding road and decide I need my high beams to see. Then all of a sudden...BAM, I have NO headlights at all! I flick the high beams off and to my surprise, my lights come back on! It's amazing how many electrical problems this car has, with no recalls. Guess it will take someone to die before any thing is ever done. I need to be BAILED OUT from my GM. What a joke!

- , Richmond, KY, USA