6.5

2. replaced multi switch at driverside (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Impala windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Feb 132013

Impala LX V6

Get stopped by officer, can't open window so open door he pulls gun. I close door, he opens door, calls for back up.

Problem>>>>>>>>>I would say so.

- , Spokane Valley, East Washington, USA

Apr 052005

Impala 3.4L V6

Sunroof did not open smoothly, would stop and start intermittently. Incorrect control module had been installed at the factory. Was replaced under warranty.

- , Patchogue, NY, USA

Jun 302008

Impala SS 3.8L V6

At one day the passenger front window suddenly didn't roll up anymore. Well, at the 438th try it did, or so..until I realized that it was working just fine with the switch at the passenger side. So it had to be the multi switch at the driver side. I got a replace switch at Autozone for $ 89 + tax. The process to exchange the switches was easy. A couple of screws in the armrest have to be loosened and the whole switch comes out. Time to fix it about 10 min. I was just lucky that it happened at a warm dry day.

- , Memphis, Tennessee, USA

Mar 232008

Impala LS 3.8L V6

Today while on the way from the local Wal-Mart, the passenger side back window would not go up. It will go down, but neither button on that door or the master driver's door switches would work to get the window up.

I am using the suggestions from above to try and fix this problem without having to buy a new switch.

The biggest pain in the butt is that I have only had this car for less than a week now.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA