2005 Chevrolet Impala body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Aug 012012

Impala 6-cyl

Over the last 2 years I have experienced numerous problems. The first problem was shifting of the vehicle which shifts very hard. The second problem was a lot of rust and needing to have body work done. Now with a little over 70,000 miles on the car it might not pass inspection next year because the body/frame is so rusted that it would cost more to have it fixed than the car is worth. The car is well taken care of so it is not for lack of caretaking on my part. The third problem is in the last 2 months periodically we can smell gas in the inside of the car, not exhaust fumes - gas. It's awful; nauseating and unbearable. This smell can also be detected outside of the vehicle. I worry about the health and safety of me and my family in this vehicle for these reasons. Also, at this point I am afraid to park the car in our attached garage for fear it could start a fire.

- Sipesville, PA, USA