8.7

2. Replace upper intake manifold (1 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Impala cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 132011

Impala 3.8L

THESE CARS HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM BEGINNING WITH THE 2001 MODEL YEAR! THE 3.8L ENGINE SHOULD BE RECALLED FOR THE UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD, I AM A MECHANIC WHO WORKS ON A FLEET OF THESE IMPALA'S. WHEN YOU HAVE TO REPLACE UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLDS ON A REGULAR BASIS SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED BY GM!!!

- , Big Spring, TX, USA

Mar 252007

Impala LS 3.8L

this gauge problem is a pain. now never knowing if it is overheating i replaced thermostat, flushed, new hoses. did not help. Due to previously owning a 1988 chevy dualle from new it had same problem, It was the gauges as well. I had to replace entire cluster at cost of over $900.00. five years latter,same prob. looks like impala following dualle tire marks.lol, not

- , Whinchester, CA, USA

Apr 212010

Impala 3.2L V6

This car has gotten on my last nerve!!!! It's been running hot since April 2010. I have had this car fixed several times, and I was told it needed a water pump, thermastic, and I needed to change the type of anti freeze from green to orange what the world. Just yesterday I had the car fixed again, and the guy who fixed said the belt wasn't tighten on the water pump, and this should fix your problem. Well, it did not I drove my car 3 miles and it ran HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Dolton, IL, USA