2005 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 122013

Impala 6-cyl

My car just lost all power so I coasted to a stop. I smelled smoke and saw it coming from under the hood. The car started on fire and was a total loss.

- Milton, WI, USA

Jun 092013

Impala 6-cyl

First bought the car in 2011 with 160,000 miles on it and four months later my entire steering goes out so I had no power steering the people I bought the car from didn't bother to tell me about it and the car wasn't under warranty so when we told them about it they didn't want to fix it. Then exactly a year later the same problem happens I don't have any power steering so we got the power steering fixed twice now so im thinking ok something is going on here then this year about the exact same time as the previous two times my power steering goes out again for the third time so we got that fixed again and I don't wanna sink anymore money into my car. As for my traction control and ABS system I have nothing even though we took it to a garage to have it fixed and they said they fixed it now three days later the ABS and traction control light are on again saying I don't have either and as of now I don't feel safe with my car anymore because the power steering has gone out so many times and since I don't have ABS or traction control anymore.

- Fort Dodge, IA, USA

Apr 212013

Coolant leaking now the coolant light is on when at a stop and a whistling noise happens after a long ride.

- Barstow, CA, USA