4.0

2005 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Sep 012009

Impala 3.4L

So i noticed that my engine is ticking when i first start it n the morning . I'm thinking its the lifters ? But I'm not sure . Lately its been getting louder because the weather has been getting colder . But i just bought the car last month on craigslist for a steal 3100 . Because i totaled my 01 impala on my birthday . I'm going to take the motor and trans out because the trans is starting to slip . And i figured while i have everything out I'm going to do the tune up on the engine as well . I already have a high volume oil pump for it because the better the oil pressure i figured the better off it will be . So my question is this what parts need to be changed in order for the ticking to stop . It does have the right oil level in it i even put lucus in it . I really like the impala it is great in the snow and i like the design of the body . My old 1 had 165k and my friends impala has 198k and its a chevy it will last through hell . So any ideas or comments ?

- , Hammond, IN, USA