2. replace battery (1 reports)
2009 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Impala:

2009 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Nov 042012

Impala

My battery just died for no reason today. It took 30 minutes of charging off my friend's battery to get it jump started. I let it run for at least an hour before turning it off. I turned it on and...nothing...dead again. The weird thing is while it's dead the odometer lights flash and the door locks keep clicking like they're trying to lock and unlock. Then when we tried to push it to a safe place, I couldn't shift to neutral or get my key out until the car was hooked up to jumper cables. I have a mechanic who is my husband's best friend and he said when he hooked up his battery meter it came up saying 13v when it's only a 12v battery??? How is this possible? His theory is that it may be the alternator over charging and has fried my battery. I sure hope this is covered under warranty. Electrical issues suck!!!!!!

- , Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA

Oct 012012

Impala LS V6

I purchased this car 01/2010 which was a 2009 leftover. The battery had a bad cell. Not even 3 years old. This also happened on my 2004 which the battery lasted 3 1/2 years. Why can't GM put a better battery in this car?

- , Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Dec 022009

Impala 3.5L

With a dead battery, or if battery is destroyed in an accident, there is no access to the trunk for your emergency equipment such as First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher, blankets, or jumper cables.

Also with a dead battery there is no way to pull the key from the ignition, so now you can't lock your car, to protect your valuables or the car itself, should you have to leave it to make a call, keep warm, or go for help.

- , Surprise, AZ, USA