2.5

2010 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Impala:

2010 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jul 062016

Recall

- Jackson, MI, USA

May 302016

Impala

Engine power reduced...car shuts off in the middle of traffic.

- Commodore, PA, USA

Apr 012016

Impala

Pecking sound starts when door is open and get faster when car is started but quits shortly after. Will start pecking sometimes when its just setting not in use.

- Blountville, TN, USA

Sep 182014

Impala

Car reads stabilizing track and car begins to shake and has cut off. On going problem. In motion while driving. On highway or street.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 282016

Impala

Message says "service stabilitrak" engine powering down". has happened while driving and when first starting. Many GM customers have experienced same issue across several years and makes including the traverse.

- Jackson, MI, USA

Dec 162015

Impala

I have had 3 special coverage orders letters in the pass year on my car. !. stabilitrak light tc. 2.harnessthrottle body. 3. ignition key.I'm also having problem with my suspension.and power steering.I call GM and have taken my car in for by GM require and the services repair men said they couldn't find no codes on their scann.

- Woodland Park, NJ, USA

Nov 242015

Impala

The vehicle was in motion about 45 miles an hr when it began to suddenly lose speed once it stopped I was able to coast it to the light. I cut the car off an it started back up. I didn't understand why it did that so I proceeded to find a near gas station.. it started to run again and I proceeded to go home when it did it again (lost speed while the engine was running) still don't know what the problem is had the alternator and battery checked and both are fine.. this was very dangerous!

- Calumet City, IL, USA

Oct 152015

Impala

As I was driving on a state route, alerts appeared for "service traction control" and then "service stabilitrak" followed by "engine power reduced". the engine light also came on. I pulled over and shut the car off, waiting a few minutes before restarting. The messages stopped, but the engine light was still on. I drove a few more miles and approached the on-ramp to the interstate. As I accelerated to merge onto the interstate, the same alerts came back on in addition to "starting disabled, service throttle". shortly thereafter, my car became completely disabled and shut down as I was on the interstate- the engine cut off, no power steering, no acceleration!! thankfully, I was able to safely pull off the side of the interstate. I had the vehicle towed and the car started right up and seems to run fine at the repair shop. Worried when and where it will happen again.

- Virden, IL, USA

Oct 012013

Impala

At first it was when backing up and turning sharp. The traction control message would come on and a grinding like sound from the front driver wheel area. Later it included the ABS warning and would also occur after backing with turn and going forward at that moment. Now randomly when pulling out and the service air bag light comes on. Recently also the oil pressure low message and dummy light come on 3-4 times before stopping (and yes the oil pressure is good with correct oil, tires, pressure, brakes, sensors all check good). Best guess diagnostics is shorting in wiring harness that can not be located until it fails completely. However with grabbing with traction control when pulling out and air bag problems it is obvious this is a safety hazard.

- Bristol, TN, USA

Oct 012012

Impala

My stability control light came on when I steered to the left. Steering was difficult in the vehicle and the steering wheel/ car shook at low speeds. Dealer was informed of steering noise after purchase of vehicle. Dealer did not recognize any issue. Rack and pinion was replaced at 50,000 by mechanic. Rack and pinion snapped at 90,000 leaving no steering ability in vehicle. Dealer and GM informed as this is a serious safety issue.

- South Lake Tahoe, CA, USA

May 052015

Impala

Lately as I am driving a message pops up on the dash. It says service traction control, service stabilitrak and service brake assist. Also the ABS light is on and the no traction light is on. The reason I am reporting this is because I am hearing people who have the same model but different year say they are the same problem.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jan 062015

Impala

Starting in Dec 2014 while driving at random speeds, the 2010 Chevy Impala will jerk hard and then the traction control light will come on. Upon this happening, the reduce engine speed appears in the display as well as service traction control, and service stability. This has been happening with various speeds and various weather conditions. If you pull over and turn car off for about 5 minutes, it will start right back up and engine reduced will no longer be on the display.

- Mt Vernon, IL, USA

Mar 152014

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle failed to accelerate and jerked forward as the electronic stability control and ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician informed that the vehicle was functioning as designed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Bennettsville, SC, USA

Dec 052011

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the check engine and stability control warning lights illuminated. The contact mentioned that the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. The contact would have to restart the vehicle in order for it to resume normal operation. In addition, the air bag warning light would illuminate sporadically. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 3/12/15 updated 03/26/15.

- Bensenville, IL, USA

Jul 242013

Impala 6-cyl

When I brought the car is started burning alot of gas. I didn't know the car have been recall by the dealership GM Corp. Until after a few months like Nov 10, 2014. When the local dealership bmg sold me the car, , they didn't tell me of any defect regarding this car. It had to be balance and aligned all the time with tire, tire wheeler part broken, steering wheel won't turn before cracking the car. Elec wiring needed fixing to stop the tricking in the dash board of the car. Air bags deployed and when turning the stirring wheel a loud crack in front of the car of wheel.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Nov 052014

Impala

I own a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. I started my car and it was sputtering and knocking which it has never done before. The message on my computer display read " reduced engine power " and " service traction control" I turned it off and let it sit for a moment and then upon restarting everything was back to normal. I have notice that same message prior to today but only briefly but until today had not experienced the sputtering and knocking. Through research I see that this is a common problem and a dangerous one to have while driving. It sounds like a much needed recall is in order before someone ends up seriously injured or possibly dead.

- Austin, TX, USA

Nov 032014

Impala

Driving on highway when check engine light came on followed by alternating "service stabilitrak" "service traction control" "reduced engine power" messages. Additionally, while driving the transmission began to shift hard from first to second. By the time I got home and parked in the garage (approximately 3 miles from start of incident), the vehicle was making a loud clanging noise. Vehicle delivered to kool Chevrolet in grand rapids Michigan on 11/4/14. They have had the vehicle since. The only thing they have found is that the computer indicates the codes went off while the car was parked. Otherwise, they cannot duplicate problem. I am worried about driving the vehicle and this incident happening again. I do a lot of highway driving and the sudden reduction in speed is a hazard and could lead to an accident.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Oct 312014

Impala 6-cyl

Vehicle was being driven and then the service traction control light came on and immediately the vehicle lost power steering and the whole instrument panel appeared to shut down. The engine was still running however I was unable to accelerate. After getting the vehicle to a stop I turned the car off and then tried restarting it. It would start but then immediately the engine would die.

- Payson, IL, USA

Jun 032014

Impala

Traction control light and engine reduce speed light came on and car started stutter and slow down on the highway. Replace throttle body twice and replace gas pedal sensor.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Sep 232014

Impala 6-cyl

The car experienced a reduction in power and the engine began making a "knocking" noise. The check engine light came on as well as a "reduced engine power, service traction control" alert.

- Washington, IL, USA