3.2

2010 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Impala:

2010 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Dec 262013

Impala

My wife and I were traveling North on pa route 15. We were on speed control at 55 mph. An error signal appeared on the dash board saying service trakcontrol a few seconds later a signal said--- losing engine power. I was able to get to a somewhat narrow shoulder in a few seconds before the engine died. I could not start the car. A called aaa and after 45 minutes was towed to a garage in dillsburg. Just before the tow truck arrived I was able to start the car. The mechanic tried to determine the cause and could not. I decided to drive on to my destination in. NJ the error signals appeared once more but I was able to pull into a service station and sit. I restarted car and drove to my destination. The next day I went to "rt 46 Chevrolet"in NJ three days later a new accelerator pedal was installed and I was able to drive to my home in NY state.. it was very scary to lose power on a hwy at 55 mph and I wonder about trusting the car!!!!!

- Gloversville, NY, USA

Nov 012013

Impala 6-cyl

While going onto the highway the light on dash board lit up stating traction control appear then 2 seconds later the reduce engine power appeared causing the car speed to cease while on the highway luckily it was not rush hour if so there would have been an a fatal accident and luckily I was able to coast to the sided of the road.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 262013

Impala 6-cyl

2010 Chevy Impala. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle engine problems. The consumer stated while driving home, the traction control and check engine light illuminated. The engine cut off, and the consumer lost power steering. He was able to coast off the road, and after a few minutes, he re-started the engine.

- Beaverton, AL, USA

Jul 192013

Impala

Chevy 2010 showed a code of service safety link, traction control engine power reduced and the engine light is on.

- Lillington, NC, USA

Apr 142011

Impala 6-cyl

In April 2011, I was driving on expressway and the check engine light came on and warning read reduce engine power, service traction control, service stabilitrac and then engine cut off and I coasted to shoulder of hwy. The car finally started back up after a few minutes. I had to buy $100 accelerator pedal position sensor. Now on June 28, 2013, only 2 years later, it is doing the same thing again so I have to buy another one. The warranty on it only lasted 12 months. I bought this car in October 2010 and this problem started in April 2011.this car is just 3 years old and from reading on the web, there are alot of Chevrolet having this problem. I'm reading about model years from 2007 with this same issue. GM should have addressed this problem by now. I need help with this issue!!!!

- Byhalia, MS, USA

Feb 152013

Impala

My car is having issues with the service traction control, engine power reduced and will shut down. This has happened to me over 5 times now. I can't even pick up speed after this happens. I was on the highway one time doing about 65 and the car just shut down, I was on an incline/ramp and an 18 wheeler was behind me and I could have been killed. I have taken the car into to get the codes ran but can not seem to get to the root cause. I am thinking about just giving the car back and having it go on my credit.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

May 122013

Impala 6-cyl

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Impala lt with 65,000 miles. I was almost in an accident. A deer ran onto the highway on May 12,2013. I was going 60 mph and then made a sudden stop. The next day my check engine light plus the traction control system light came on.... now, I only had this car not even 2months and making payments and I am having problems with it (already). Any other car that I had have in the past I made sudden stops and check engine lights never comes on. Whats going on with the Chevrolet Impala? they look nice but they are sssoooo not worth the cost to purchase or to get repaired. This is the only bad investment I have ever made in my life. I should have stuck with my Mazda. I will let it be known to anyone who ask me about Chevrolet to dont even bothered. There are better cars than the Chevrolet. This car is also a gas guzzler. I put $50 in the tank every 5 days when driving locally. I only work 10 minutes from my house. Everytime you stop you loose gas mileage on your dic the gas is great on the highway though. Like I said the worst investment I have ever made. Chevrolet....im so upset and disappointed.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Dec 122012

Impala 6-cyl

The 2010 Impala was at hwy speeds at approx 65mph. The traction control light came on and the check engine light and the message display was flashing traction control failure. The lights stayed on. It also said engine at reduced speeds. The traction control failed at hwy speeds which left me coasting to reduced speeds and then the car shut off at 20 mph with no power steering or braking. I was able to coast off the highway into a parking lot off the service road.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Oct 222010

Impala 6-cyl

I had purchased a 2010 Chevrolet Impala in July, 2010. The first attempt at repair of the front end vibration was on 10/22/2010. The dealership did not recognize the vibration. The vehicle tires were rotated on 01/26/11 in an attempt to stop the vibration in the front end. The vehicle was taken in on 03/18/11 for front end noise (thump) while turning the wheels. The vehicle was taken in on 07/07/11 for the thumping noise in the front end while turning the wheels. The vehicle was taken in on 07/28/11 for a front end thumping noise when turning the wheels. The vehicle was taken in on 08/16/11 for a front end thumping noise and the dealership notices the tires were wearing slightly cupped on the inside edge. The vehicle was taken in on 09/08/11 for a whining noise from the engine bay and power steering fluid was flushed. The vehicle was taken in on 04/09/12 for front end thumping noise, wheel bearing, transmission surge, and whine noise from radio. The vehicle was taken in on 06/27/12 for rough idle, tire replacement, transmission. The vehicle was taken in on 07/27/12 for rough idle, transmission surge, thump noise in front end and whine noise in radio. The vehicle was taken in on 10/05/12 for transmission surge, rough idle, thump noise in front end, and whine noise in radio. The outcome at this point is the dealership tried to reprogram the vehicle, GM approved replacement of all four tires, a replacement of the power steering pump, wheel bearing on driver front side. The dealerships have done two throttle body cleanings. The dealership has stated they will replace the rotors but GM would not approve replacement only turning on the rotors. This case has been opened with the better business bureau whom advised me to contact NHTSA. GM refuses to replace parts because their computer system cannot tell them what is wrong with the vehicle. GM has recalled the police vehicles for front end suspension and has a lawsuit pending in Michigan for personal vehicle.

- Herrin, IL, USA

Sep 212012

Impala 6-cyl

I have a low mileage vehicle. I have remained current on all of my routine maintenance. The car recently had the warnings: Service traction control and engine power is reduced. I have looked on multiple outlets and saw that this is a common problem with this vehicle. The solution that the dealer gives is varied and coincidentally not covered under warranty.

- Farmington, MI, USA

Jul 072010

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. While driving approximately 80 mph, the trac stability and engine warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle immediately stalled. The vehicle was restarted after twenty minutes and resumed normally. The failure recurred three times when driving extended distances. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Dec 052010

Impala

The 2010 Impala was at hwy speeds and in cruise control at approx 65mph. The car got a front twitch that turned into a vibration. The cruise started to surge approx one hour into the trip. The traction control light came on, the check engine light a couple seconds later and the message display was flashing traction control failure, drive at reduced speeds and ignition failure. The traction control failed at hwy speeds leaving the driver coasting to reduced speeds and then the car shut off at 20 mph with no power steering or braking. This is the second time this has happened. Both times cars approached at hwy speeds while I was slowing down without brake lights.

- Pulaski, WI, USA