2010 Chevrolet Impala fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Impala:

2010 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Feb 112015

After purchasing this vehicle within 30 days the air bag system light came on I took the vehicle back to future Nissan of folsom and they stated that I would have to call the warranty people there was nothing they could do about it. A week later I noticed when I slow down using the breaks it makes a shaking sound, making the whole car shake. This vehicle also has no coverage when pumping gas I noticed the silver cap inside that's suppose to remain closed until you put the gas pump in there in always open, which allows air to get inside. My powertrain is not accelerations properly, it takes about a minute for it to catch its gear.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 202014

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that after refueling the vehicle from an empty fuel tank, the vehicle failed to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 199,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Belleville, IL, USA

Jun 162013

Impala 6-cyl

While driving on the highway and accelerating to merge, the car felt as if it dropped a gear or two and the power was noticeably reduced. The service light on the dash came on and the error message "service stabilitytrac- service traction control" came across the dash. Now the car when it accelerates "jerks" as if it's having trouble making it to the next gear when moving between 20-30mph on the speedometer. The power in accelerating after 30mph is dramatically reduced the faster you wish to go.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jun 222011

I was driving on a rural road at 55 miles per hour in my 2010 Impala and it was just a normal activity no excessive turning or driving. My light came on and said to service traction control. Then my light said engine power has been reduced. I was trying to get to a safe place to pull off the road an my light came on again and it said it was disengaging the throttle and my car just quit. No power steering no warning just quit and I barely got it off the road in time to keep me from crashing! the car wouldn't start for about ten minutes but finally I got it started and made it home. If I had been on the interstate this could have been tragic !

- Glasgow , WV, USA