3.1

2013 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Impala:

2013 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

May 092016

Impala

My stabilitrack and ABS keeps coming on and off. It does not matter if I am driving on a side stree or on the beltway. Beltway driving is dangerous and scary as the car seems like it is brakeing and then speeding up. Making turns it does the same and "jumps" when I use the brakes. This is all very dangerous situation and should be looked at asap. I has been happening for 5 months and the service people can not see any issues.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Feb 102016

Impala

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. Shortly after the vehicle was repaired for a recall with the ignition switch, the stability, traction control, ABS, and other warning lights randomly flashed. The failure progressed each time the vehicle was reversing and when making left and right turns. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 69,000.

- Durham, NC, USA

Mar 152016

Impala

I was pulling out on highway 59, car made a grinding noise as I turned left, traction stabilitrac and ABS flashed, changed the wheel bearing and harness, stabilitrak still coming on noise is still there...car will lock up on you in traffic.I have custody of my grandkids and now have no way to take them to school...because my car with 43,300 miles on it is unsafe

- Nacogdoches, TX, USA

Nov 302014

Impala

Bought my 2013 Chevy Impala used with a little over 40 thousand miles, and within a week the ABS light and traction control light come on when making a left hand turn from a complete stop/stationary position. Does it now daily on a regular basis and also makes a grinding noise when accelerating from a complete stop making left hand turns. Also causes the car to stall until I release the gas and has been extremely dangerous when trying to make left turns with traffic coming the opposite direction. It has also made the grinding noise and the dash lights up when backing out of the driveway.I have taken it to the dealership and it was kept for a day but they said they could not duplicate the problem. Seems to be what I keep reading from everyone else's complaint so either were all crazy or Chevy doesn't want to deal with it until someone dies from this issue. I have to drive this car daily and I do not feel safe to drive it.this issue has always been caused when driving on residential and city streets never on the highway so far thank god. Have only had problems when having to turn onto the highway on ramp but does not do it on the actual highway. As of now this problem is unknown to me and "apparently" to GM as well.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 202015

Impala

Upon turning left at an intersection, the vehical hesitates and makes a grinding noise in the front end. This has at times, come to a near accident of being rear ended.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Jun 132015

Impala

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while making a left turn from a stop, the service stabilitrak system and the ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that an unknown sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 59,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Milledgeville, GA, USA

Apr 152016

Impala

My 2013 Chevy Impala is having big issues making left turns. There is a grinding sound and the car hesitates to accelerate. While these problrms occur I am getting warnings on the dash that say service traction control, service brake assist, and the ABS light is on. Starting to not feel safe to be in this vehicle. Also had it checked twice by two different auto shops and they cant seem to find the problem.

- Cameron Park, CA, USA

Jun 152015

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. While making a right turn, the vehicle hesitated. In addition, the ABS, traction control, and service stabilitrak warning lights illuminated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but the cause of the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 05/24/16 the consumer stated on May 2, 2016 as she was making a right turn, the accelerator seemed to jerk back and the RPM's went up past three, T hen went back down to one. All the instrument panel lights illuminated and then the vehicle hesitated to proceed for a few minutes. Updated 08/03/16.

- Kenedy, TX, USA

Mar 152016

Impala

For the past 2 months my car is having major trouble. It started with me hearing a grinding noise when I made left turns. This has now developed to making a noise when I make left turns to making it when I am backing out, and occasionally stalling when pulling off from a red light. This has put me in some dangerous situations. About a month ago 2 light and 2 messages came up on my dash. They were service stabilitrak and service brake assist. My brake light and my traction light are also on. I took my car into the dealership and they said my hub needed to be replaced. I had the part replaced and I am still having the same problem. Noone seems to know what the issue is.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Sep 012014

Impala

When steering wheel is turned left and now right the front end grinds at times but not all the time. However, it seems to be getting gradually worse, grinding more often. The "service stabilitrac system" comes across the dash panel and now it is stating "service brake assist". all the while nothing seems to be wrong with anything up front. This happens upon acceleration. This can happen in city streets, parking lots and freeways. I happens anywhere upon acceleration. There is no point at which the grinding is taking place can be seen. This seems to be a problem that Chevrolet has with all the models of this particular vehicle yet they are denying anything is wrong with the vehicles.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 012015

Impala

When accelerating from a stop while turning left, ABS engages and brakes left front wheel grinds which causes the car to stop and drag. Service stabilitrak, service ABS and service brake assist messages also appear on dashboard message center. All warning lights reset when vehicle is turned off, until a left turn is made while accelerating again, and the above issues occur again.

- High Point, NC, USA

Feb 152016

Impala

When accelerating from a stop while turning left, ABS engages and brakes left front wheel creating a very dangerous situation stopping the car in intersections without warning. Service stabilitrak, service ABS and service brake assist messages also appear on dashboard message center. All warning lights reset when vehicle is turned off, until a left turn is made while accelerating again, and the above issues occur again.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Oct 272015

Impala

Stability control needs service. Estimated repair 251 miles after warranty expired was $270, and became $335. Certified letter sent to GM on Nov 14 receipt acknowledged by rep shanay, and verbally acknowledged by same two days later when she called me. Waited six weeks more for written response & called today requesting same again to follow up with NHTSA. Refused and offered to send an E:mail but I prefer not to provide address due to her unfriendly manner. Part failure 251 miles is one for the record books. Failure occurred while moving.

- Saugerties Ny 12477, NY, USA

Dec 012015

- Seymour, CT, USA

Nov 032015

Impala

Traction control activates while making left turn when leaving a stop or a red light or at any other occasion that requires making a left turn after being stopped. Causing the vehicle to hesitate and in the process creating a very dangerous situation. This has occurred on five different occasions during the past few days. Has only occurred when turning left from a complete stop. There seems to be a metal sound the fourth time. Have tried to get it looked at and no one seems to know what to do. Very concerned about the safety of driving this car. Also done it once when I was backing out from a parked position.

- Cisco, TX, USA

Mar 102015

Impala

Traction control intermidely comes on affecting take off speed and steering resulting in ABS system coming on. Happens mainly when starting out form a stop. Cannot accelerate from a complete stop or make consistent turns.

- Reswood Falls, MN, USA

Aug 212015

Impala

I have only had this car for 3 months and everything was fine until I made a left hand U-turn and all kinds of bells went off- service stabilitrak-service brake assist- service traction control-I called the dealership and just to put it on the machine to see what's wrong is $126 - quite frankly I don't have that kind of money to spare- I am extremely frustrated and according to research I have done this is a common issue that Chevrolet is not acknowledging-

- West Plam Beach , FL, USA

Aug 122015

Impala

After backing out of a parking spot, making a left hand turn and pulling away, the brakes apply on their own, the traction control light flashes on, and a grinding noise is heard. The weather at the time was clear and sunny, and the surface of the parking lot was dry asphalt.

- Rochester, MI, USA

May 042015

Impala

I started having problems with my vehicle back in may of this year after I received a warning message about the stabilitrak, ABS, and traction control. I was hearing and feeling a scraping noise especially when I turned left. I took my car to the dealership and they replaced the speed sensor and harness. I thought that would take care of it. At the end of June I took my car back again for the same problem. Of course the service tech could not duplicate the sound. Here we are less than 2 months later and I have taken the car back to the dealership once again this morning. I don't expect anything to be found because apparently this problem never comes up at the dealership and the techs can never duplicate it. Our tech told us this morning that if they can't find anything again this time, then I will most likely have to drive the car with the tech to see if I can duplicate it. I'm hoping this can finally be taken care of but because my car is still under warranty, I doubt anything will come of it. Once my warranty runs out I'm thinking the tech will be able to duplicate it and charge me a lot of $$ to fix it.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 182015

Impala

When starting to move forward from a stopped position and turning the steering wheel at the same time, the ABS sensor kicks in and the car makes the ABS sound, the ABS lights up on the dashand then it releases and you can drive normal. It has occurred many times now between 1 to 5 miles per hour. I do not see any recalls at this time for this problem.

- Prospect, PA, USA