3.6

2013 Chevrolet Impala miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Impala:

2013 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

May 012016

Impala

12,000 miles stability control, and ABS light came on service required. Light stays on 5-10 minutes goes out randomly dealers baffled for the cause, dealer says unless they can duplicate it, warning light to come on they can't service.,I went for an oil change at midas they checked it said it was the wheel bearing sensor that governs that I replace the wheel bearing, okay for a while now back on again in less than a thousand miles. Stability control is very valuable for cars nowadays so this is definitely a safety factor if stability control is lost. Reports on the internet of people replacing all the wheel bearings on the front hubs and everything and still having the same problem so this is not an isolated incident.

- Hammond, IN, USA

Oct 252016

Impala

My car has been making a grinding noise when backing up or turning left. It does it once in a while. When accelerated it doesn't go anywhere then it takes off.almost caused my daughter to have a wreck today and I'm not pleased. Took it to a few places to have it checked and it wouldn't do it. After today, I am not to happy with my 2013 Chevrolet Impala ltz. Something needs to be done about this continuing problem with these cars. Is it gonna take someone to die before Chevrolet does something about it. My daughter was turning into a busy intersection when this happened.

- Highland Springs, VA, USA

Jun 142016

Impala

When making left turns, the car hesitates, and there is a grinding noise, while turning. The problem is happening more often.

- Beaufort, SC, USA

Mar 152016

Impala

I bought a 2013 Chevy Impala. I have not had the car for even a year yet, and every time I turn the car on you can hear a knocking noise coming from the dashboard. Every time I turn the car on or off. I checked with a mechanic, he told me that they have to remove the whole dash board in order to fix it! I believe this should be a recall! I previously had a 2008 also Impala as well, and it did the same thing. The reason I bought this 2013 Impala is because I like Chevy's, but I didn┐T think this would happen again that is a shame that your company doesn┐T do a recall for this problem.

- Polk City, FL, USA

Nov 022015

Impala

Right side no longer gets heat and actuator has gone bad car ticks the passenger airbag light does not show on the seat belt indicator for passenger does not go out

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 012014

Impala

I have had this worked on about 1 month of purchase. I was told the cheap ball bearings in the wheels are faulty. My car makes a strange noise when I turn the steering wheel and it lunges for a split second and then engages forward. Also when I am braking down a steep incline, the brakes grab and jerk the car slightly. This has gone on since I purchased this car.

- Salem, VA, USA