8.0

1998 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Oct 012008

Malibu LE V6

For some time my ABS light kept coming on but i fixed that by putting in new dash fuses for all my lights and that fixed the problem for that. Now i have another light that comes on that i am unsure of what it is. I did not get a owners manual with my car when i got it so now im so frustrated that this light keeps coming on and i have no idea what it is same with my check engine light. Both at the same time they come on and i know its no glitch in the system since i changed the fuses but this light is a square with a little water marking and a arrow pointing from the top to the little water marking. And i have no clue what it could be nor my boyfriend who is a mechanic can figure it out. Otherwise there is this squealing noise that comes from my belt its a brand new belt so i have no idea why it would be making this noise its been making this noise for that past 2 years. Any suggestions any boyd to what it could be?

- , Oviedo, FL, USA