- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2011 Malibu Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems12NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 12
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Malibu Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Malibu compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Malibu overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Malibu.