6.7

1. replace intake manifold (2 reports)
  2. put a cadillac sealer to hold me off (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 292008

Malibu 3.2L V6

this is the 2nd time I've had to fix this problem since I've had the car. there should be no reason why the gaskets and manifold should go bad. I've owned nothing but Chevy cars and this has never happened before. i hope that Chevy does something about these issues. they should have to somehow reimburse it's loyal customers

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 102006

Malibu 4DR- V6

The mechanic told me if I didn't fix it, coolant would continue to leak and mix in with the oil, which is bad i suppose. Also, after paying approx $700 to replace the intake manifold, I had to pay another $100 for a coolant flush and new coolant. Thanks Chevy!

- , Chicago, IL, USA

May 302006

Malibu LX

i have taken very good care of this car full maintenance and i do not drive her hard i am sick to death of american cars and would not give an endorsement to chevy!!!!

- , East Meadow, NY, USA