9.0

1998 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 162009

Malibu

HELP!!!! We just had a rebuilt engine put into our lil malibu..has been a great car. BUT, I told my husband this awhile ago. About a year ago, after I put gas into car, the car seems to be not getting fuel, chugs, stalls, so I pull over. take a break, restart it, and Voila! no more problems for another 3 months, then it does it again, after i put gas into OR when i have been stuck in traffic. but as long as i am moving..it has been fine. My dad was sick, i took the car to los angeles, get gas in the desert, then the chugging starts, stalling and i am ALONE with my nine year old on a Sunday! I keep praying..anyways, stalled on the I-10, Thank God I pulled into the left (NO right shoulder) into a construction zone (not being used on a Sunday). It is 110* outside, I was upset, called Highway patrol, they were there asap, towed and the driver told me seems like fuel injection, it will start and in the am i am taking it to a shop. (We are at a great lil hotel and went for a swim to try to cheer up!!) I am trying to think of this as an adventure, but,"COME ON!!" and now I hope and pray after reading these posts that this will be SIMPLE and CHEAP to fix!! we have 5 more states to drive through..meanwhile our new Impala sits in the driveway!! haha...thanks husband for the adventure!! (I better be nice!) ;-)

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 242009

Malibu 3100 V6

I dont know what the problem is but it stalls out all the time and i cant stand that. When i put it in reverse it putts and trys to die out then i put it in neutral and revive it, it gets the gas it needs and sounds good but when i put it in drive it tries to die again. u have to take it on a drive to get the fuel flowing so to speak! what happens if i pull out and i end up getting hit cuz of it! if anyone knows what this problem is and can tell me what i need to do to fix it please tell me. we also have a problem with the theft light it wont start for ten mins. sometimes. I really like the car but man its crazy.

- , Sikeston, MO, USA