2. replace steering pump (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Malibu steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 042003

i have the same problem; just $750 dollars more that the dealer took from me. my car still make a lot of sound come from the shock. they replace the spring, one rod tie, and both shocks. I replace the bushings. I gonna see if i replace the steering pump, will fix my problem.

- , Gainesville, FL, USA

Jun 302001

When turning the steering wheel, I heard a grinding/rubbing noise from inside the car. It didn't make the sound every time. But it did it enough that I new something was not right. I went to the dealership where I told the mechanic what it was doing. Of course, it didn't make the sound. They kept it over night, to drive it. The next day no sound. I had the mechanic to get in the car, I started the car. Pressed the brake, turned the steering wheel, the sound faintly returned enough for the mechanic, to send it to the main dealership of new cars. The major dealership fixed it. The bill if the warranty wasn't still in effect would have cost with labor and all, a wopping $800+ dollars. So if you ever hear, or feel something that just doesn't seem right, have it checked out before the warranty runs out. Because you drive that car/truck and you know how it is supposed to run!

- , Lewisport, KY, USA