6.5

2. red green solution--duct tape, then paint over (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Malibu body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu:

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 122003

Malibu LS 3.1L

My 1999 Chevrolet Malibu and others have the same defect ( rust on the rear right panel directly down from the fuel door). I purchased the car new and only have 27,000 miles. I notice the problem and took it back to the dealer and was informed that the warranty had expired and the cost to correct the problem would be over $500. I notice that every 1999 malibu have the same problem. I even talked to the owners of the cars that I noticed with the same exact problem and they all said the same thing. I truely believe this is a factory defect and the company should fix the problem or at least give a voucher to cover half of the cost. As we all know, the problem does not happen until your car is paid in full.

- , Markham, IL, USA

Nov 012005

Malibu 6 cyl

Whoever designed the passenger side rear quarter panel must hold a Ph.D. in rust and how to insure that it occurs as quickly as possible. Dirt and road debris accumulate in channel near gas cap, accumulates moisture, and rust, rust, rust! Not paying $500 for repair. Covered it with duct tape and painted it over.

- , Dearborn, MI, USA

Jun 262006

Malibu

i cannot believe GM does not fix this this an obvious problem for this car, Every second Malibu I see in the street has the same problem. I will start taking pictures and get VIN numbers of these cars because they is a stupid problem and its all about denial for GM.

- , Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Aug 132003

Malibu 3.1L V6

I bought my '99 Malibu in Jan, 2000. It was the newest car I had ever purchased and it looked wonderful! By 2003 or 2004, the outside of the gas tank had begun to bubble and rust! I hate the way it looks, but now I have FAR MORE PRESSING PROBLEMS with the car. I have never had that happen to me ever. I have had to replace the floater and that was not cheap. I can't even keep track of all the repairs I have had done on this thing. My next car will be something I pick up cheap for cash because I have better luck doing that than I have had with this thing!!! I will NEVER buy one of these things again! I don't even want one given to me for FREE!!!!

- , Akron, OH, Western Sahara