1.5

hardy worth mentioning

2000 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 152013

Malibu 6-cyl

I was traveling to brighton, co from ft. Morgan, co to seller my 2000 Chevy Malibu. Our intended purpose was to take the funds from the sell and pick up 1996 Chevy S10. Prior to this trip my car had difficulties starting but never failed to start after several attempts. The car engine stalled coming off of the off ramp at around 30 mph. When the car stalled I had to manually steer the vehicle to get it to the shoulder of the road (I just had carpool tunnel surgery and it was painful to do so). After about 2 minutes I attempted to restart the car and it restarted after about the forth attempt at turning the key on waiting 30 seconds for the fuel pump and then turning the key over the rest of the way. After about 2 city blocks the car stalled again going around 20 mph. This time it took much longer before the car would start again. About 25 minutes, we let the engine cool and again it took several attempts to turn the motor over but it final did start. It traveled about a mile and stalled again going about 5 mph. This time we let the car sit for an hour and re attempted to start it. It went another mile and stalled again. We contacted a mechanic who suggested it may be the fuel regulator or the fuel pump. We have replaced the regulator and that did not work we have tested the fuel pump and it is working fine. I have read several documents involving this issue and I am still no closer to figuring out what the problem is. I only know I am not the only one having this issue. This car also has a faulty check engine light and does not appear to be over heating when it stalls. The theft light comes on intermittently but I have check the VIN on my car with Chevy and there is no recall for my car. Why is this happening at 115K. This could be very dangerous and I have half a mind to call a news station. I'm sure Chevy would love the new advertising. Please fix.

- Log Lane Village, CO, USA