2000 Chevrolet Malibu seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Nov 022014

Malibu LS V6

Sunday night while my son and his passenger were traveling home, he hit a small pothole on a 2-lane highway and both airbags deployed. He was able to pull over safely. They complained of a headache. There was no damage to the front of vehicle and I took pictures of the car. The air spoiler under the front of car still had the soft blacktop filler from pothole on it. Both tires and rims were fine, with no damage. The mud guards behind the 2 front tires were also good.

After looking at the front end in daylight, I can't find any damage to this car, with no reason why airbags went off. My son is not a saint but I can't blame it on him this time. Maybe there is a major problem here. It will cost hundreds, if not thousands to fix the car. Money that my son or I do not have. The car is sitting in the drive while we are still in shock.

- , Crown Point, IN, USA