2001 Chevrolet Malibu AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 292011

I just think that it is rediculus that they cant seem to fix it. My wife bout the car used and the car itself is in excallent condition. She noticed the problem with the AC when she was test driving it and the dealership told her that they would get it fixed and she could come back and get it in about a week or so. About 2 weeks later the part came in and they had it fixed or so they thought but about and hour or so after she left the dealership it started doing it again. Now she has to take it back up there and we are not sure if they r gonna charge us for it or not

- , Mexia, TX, USA

Jan 052011

Malibu LS 3.2L V6

I've read the other complaints about this model and my car has all the problems. The air conditioning kicking off and on has been "fixed" by my mechanic a number of times by replacing the entire AC/Heat control several times. The problem always comes back in a short time (within a year). He tells me that this is a common problem with the model and Chevy is no help. There are no advisories out on the subject. I can't believe someone out there doesn't have an answer! I can't find any answers on the web. I also have problems with the anti-theft system. The answer to this seems to be replacing worn out ignition keys.

- , Sapulpa, OK, USA

Aug 222010

The A/C system in the Malibu is a piece of sh*t. If you try to run the A/C anything past setting 2, then the A/C shuts off & just blows hot f*cking air. Then if you hit the recirculate button, it will work for a few minutes then it switches back to hot air. Hotter than a son of a bitch. I hate this car beyond words, but it was all I could afford at the time. F*ck Chevrolet!

- , Texarkana, AR, USA

May 012009

Malibu LS V6

oh to list one of many problems with this car since i bought it in Jan of 2009 used.. lets start with it is sept now 2009 4 water pumps and a head gasket later plus the auto theft light staying on.. having to master reset system with holding the key forward and looking like a jack#@! waiting the 10 minutes to be able to start my car. I would never recommend a 2001 to anyone.. great ride, bad problems. 400 alone to replace the pass lock system, let alone the other problems... to bad I still owe 8 grand on the car or it would be long gone!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Walkerville, MI, USA