6.0

2. pulled out the 30 A fuse for the big blower fan (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 252010

Malibu LS

Every time I drive at late night time, engine not totally warmed up, this damn temperature gauge would die and the fans will stay on. Sometimes for a whole week if I don't do anything or if I only drive on freeway. It would last 3~5 days if I drive locally and on hot days.

To speed things up, I pulled out the 30A fuse that is for the big blower fan, turned on air condition and drive for 10~15 minutes, miraculously, the gauge then would work and the fans function like they should. Just another stupid programming from Chevrolet engineers.

Update from Oct 21, 2010: It happened again a few more time. I decided to bypass this "PASS LOCK" system based on another web site and the problem went away for good. It involves cutting the yellow wire on the passlock system. I got to remember to put this back when I change my battery or I just replace the battery when they engine is running, then I will be good for another 5 years.

- , Garden Grove, CA, USA

Jan 092009

Malibu ES

My temperature gauge works in the summer but not in the winter. When the temperature gauge does not work n the winter, the check engine light stays on. The check engine light goes off in the summer when the temp gauge starts working again. Fortunately, I have my car inspected for license renewal in the summer, so the check engine light is off, and my car has passed every time. I have also had major problems with theft system and my car not starting, which resolved itself ever since the theft system light has remained on continually. Since my car and I now have an "understanding", it has 152,600 miles on it, and is paid for, I plan to drive it as long as I can.

- , Chattanooga, TN, USA

Sep 082008

Malibu 3.1L

my temperature gauge doesn't work and the fan comes on all the time.

- , Courtice, Ontario, Canada