2001 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 192003

Malibu 6-cyl

It appears that the brake caliper and brake system have some defects. I've had brakes replaces 3 times since February of this year (2003). Checked the fluid level, hoses and lines. Brakes failed once at slow speed 30 mph. Haven't had a failure since, however, the system is eating up brake pads mostly on the left side.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Oct 222001

On the 22nd of October my vehicle had lost its brakes while traveling down a hill. My immediate response was to apply my emergency brake which did stop my car but also proceeded to cause it to crash. Upon investigation by my ins. Co. (nationwide ins.) they found that both front brake hoses had frayed on the Malibu which had caused me to lose my brakes. Further action will be taken to be reimbursed for my vehicle which is now considered totalled. My concern is that this does not happen to other owners of the same type vehicle and I am further requesting a recall on the hoses of the Malibu. A report is available from my ins. Co @ P.O. Box 2655, 1000 nationwide drive harrisburg, pa 17105-9971 thank you, lydia M blihar.

- Palmerton, PA, USA