$3,000.00

1. major engine rebuild (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 012008

Malibu 3.1L V6

This car is fun to drive, but GM really used inferior parts with this car. I wish I knew of this site before I bought it as I see a lot of other people are having the same problems I'm having.

My mechanic told me that the 3.1 engines are junk!

Having said all that, I do enjoy driving this car, and I still see a lot of older Malibus like mine on the road so I guess I'm not the only sucker!

By the way the engine light comes on for no reason every once in a while. My mechanic says there is nothing wrong with the engine at this time, but couldn't resist reminding me once more that the car is a piece of junk!

- , Hamilton, Ontario, Canada