5.3

2001 Chevrolet Malibu lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 052004

Malibu 6-cyl

Brake lights went out and when I changed them there was water in the light caseing, so when I took the bulb out the circut board got corrosion from the water and there was no lights at all after I replaced the bulbs. I took car in to bergstrom Chevrolet and got a dianogstic, which said circut boards where inop and that costed me $47.17. 8/21/04 I got lights fixed and that costed $176.24 I had to come out of my pocket, becasue the extended warrianty wouldn't cover cost. I feel this should be a recall, because water should have never gotten into the lights.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Apr 152004

Malibu

Consumer purchased a Chevrolet, Malibu and the brake lights came on and stayed on. Consumer took vehicle to the repair shop 2-3 times, but problem recurred. Consumer was told by the mechanic, that Chevrolet knew that there was a brake light problem because it was an ongoing thing with this type of vehicle.

- Diamond, OH, USA